Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

Dedicated to: blasterrism

"Our band are open for song requests, feel free to let the band sing the song you want to hear!"

This is my chance. To make this night, her night better.

Tumayo na ako sa kinatatayuan ko na ipinagtaka ni Leanna.

"Babe, sa'n ka pupunta?" tanong niya.

"May pupuntahan lang ako saglit, sandali lang ito." I said as I deposited a kiss in her lips.

"Oh Ehm Gee! That was so disgusting!"
"Baka may kung anong curse na dala yung nuno kaya napapatol sa kanya si Kuya! HAHAHA!"

Nilingon ko yung bumulong nun. Dalawang silang babae sa kabilang table, agad silang napayuko ng titigan ko sila. Lalapitan ko na sana sila ng pigilan ako ni Leanna.

"Hayaan mo na sila, sanay naman na ako." She said as she smile, but that smile didn't reach her eyes. Even though she mask her emotions, I could still see the hurt in her eyes.

She don't deserve this. She don't deserve to be humiliated just because her physical appearance is not appealing in other's preferences.

"I'll be right back" I smiled at her sweetly before heading to the stage where the bands are.

"Yes sir, what song you want to request?" nakangiting tanong sa akin nung isang miyembro ng banda.

"Uhm, I do have a request, but not a song request, can you guys do me a favor? I promise I'll pay whatever it takes for this favor." I wanted to sound firm, but I ended up sounding... desperate. Huh, the things you will do for your girl.

Akala ko di ko sila mapapapayag sa hiling ko, and to think na wala silang hinihinging bayad sa pagtulong na gagawin nila. But I still gave them tips.

When everything is all set, I walk up to the stage and face the sea of stranger people except for one girl.

From there my eyes instantly scanned Leanna amid the people, and there she is ignoring the humiliating stares from people around her.

"Ehem, ehem. Sound check." and with that being said natuon na sa akin ang atensyon ng halos lagpas kalahati ng mga tao sa restaurant. Nakarinig ako ng ilang bulung-bulungan pero wala akong paki doon, the only thing I cared right now is Leanna's happiness.

"Uhm, some of you might be wondering right now why I'm here when in fact I'm not part of the restaurant's band"

Nakita kong napatigil si Leanna sa pagkain at tumingin dito sa may stage. As expected, nanlaki yung mata niya ng makita ako dito. Haha! Ang cute niya! Para siyang Tarsier!

Tumikhim ako at pinagpatuloy ang sinasabi ko "I'm here because I wanted to sing my girlfriend a song as a gift in her today's birthday," and then I heard the crowd 'Aww' in response, "as much as I want to sing it to her privately I wanted to show people hiw proud I am for having her as my girlfriend."

"You may think that I'm an asshole for causing a scene here eh?" then the crowd laughed. I saw Leanna giving me a look saying what-the-heck-are-you-doing-there, but I just winked in her direction causing her face turned into crimson red.

"But if it means that it will cause happiness to my girl why not right? Her smile is worth to see ," I saw some men nodding, "I wanted you guys to meet my girlfriend and please sabayan niyo ko sa pagbati sa kanya ng Happy Birthday!" Biglang may tumutok na spotlight sa gawi ni Leanna. Alam kong ayaw niya ng ganitong atensyon but I want to prove something tonight.