Chapter 1 - Past

-FLASHBACK-
It was two in the morning when Lily decided she had enough her boyfriend she had been dating him for five years and she had had enough of it, he was out drinking at the bar when she had made her decision to leave. She had tried to leave before, but every time it was when he was there and every time she never left because he would beat her so bad she couldn't move for days.

Lily rushed to pack everything not that she had much, her boyfriend josh made her sell most of her belongings to pay for his disgusting habit of drinking and doing drugs. Lily really never thought that Josh would end up this way, but one year into her relationship he started to get rough and it made her scared of him, so much so, that she called the police on him more than once. Two years into her relationship he started getting physical with her pushing her around, smacking her, or just plain beating her. Yet tonight he pushed it to far, Lily wanted to give up her virginity to someone she was sure she loved, but Josh was never it and he saw that, and earlier he tried to force himself onto her but he was so drunk that he passed out and when he woke up he didn't remember anything and went straight to the bar, which she was thankful for.
-FLASHBACK OVER-

That was almost two years and the memory always made her shudder in fear, that night she made a promise to herself to never go back there and never let josh find her, no matter what. That night she took all the money they had and some of her belongings and left, end of story.

Now she lives in a quaint little town of the edge of South Carolina it was warm, a little sunny and it was far away from her Ex, thank god. She had been living here for almost a year and a half in a two bedroom, one bath home right in the middle of town where she could walk almost everywhere so she didn't need a car, so that saved money. She worked at a cute little coffee house/bakery right down the road across the street from a local MC, which she knew to stay at a distance from because even though they were nice, they still did dangerous stuff she didn't want to get caught up in.

Right now I was in front yard doing some gardening. I hummed quietly to myself whilst pulling some weeds next to my rose bush when all of a sudden a roar of a motorcycle was heard in the distance I turn at the very moment the biker went past my house stopping at a red light. He looked unfamiliar to her and that was kindly weird since she knew most of the MC by face but not name. He wore a black leather kutt with patches and a short sleeved shirt revealing various tattoos and a pair of faded jeans and big, black biker boots. I guess he felt me staring because he turned and looked straight at me and it startled me a bit, he didn't even do anything just stare then nodded to her and revved his bike and drove away.

I didn't know what just happened but I kind of liked it, smiled to myself and continued to hum and pull weeds from my garden, the biker was on my mind the whole time he was mysterious, but I myself liked it. I knew better then to get involved with a biker but maybe he was worth it, I laughed at my own thoughts, what was she thinking he only nodded to her it was nothing she was acting like a school girl with a crush.

My phone buzzed telling me it was 4:00 p.m telling me I needed to get ready for work at the bakery, I had been so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize it was almost time for work. "Crap I'm gonna be late for work" I scolded myself before running into my home to change into my work clothes. I quickly changed into my uniform which consisted of black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with the bakery's logo on the left corner, I grabbed my converse and slipped them in before grabbing my purse and running out and locking the door behind me, sprinting all the way to the bakery's front door. I opened the double doors, only to be hit with the smell of freshly baked goods and warm coffee. I breathed deeply and grabbed my apron on the wall beside the door.

The bakery was small, but it was busy at all hours when it was open. The bakery had an old primitive vibe when you walked in, the walls were tarnished brick and as soon as you walked through the doors you saw all the baked goods and to the left there were refreshment of all kinds. It was an amazing shop I love to work at and the pay wasn't bad either.

Martha greeted me when I walked behind the counter with a huge smile. Martha was the owner at the shop and the only one who knew my past when I walked in a year and a half ago crying, and drenched with rain. She was like the mother I never had, Martha was protective, caring, and stern when needed.

"Hello sweety, how have you been I missed you" she spoke in that motherly tone I would never get tired of.

" You saw me yesterday M, and I'm fine" I joked with her.

" oh I know but I always miss you when you leave" she spoke softly to me, and it always warmed my heart at how sweet she is. I wish she could have children of her own it made me so sad she couldn't, I guess that's why she took me in so quickly as a daughter.

" I know I missed you to M, I always miss you" we talked a bit more and then served costumers as they came flooding in just like always.

.......................................................................

Hope you like my new book

Vote
Comment

-Master Ninja Panda