Chapter 8 - Queenie and Him

"Auntie Queenie" I yelled, staring at my aunt in disbelief. I never thought I would see any of my family again, not that I really enjoyed the company of any of my blood relatives, me and Queenie had always been the closest, out of my whole family and when I thought of where to move after him. I remembered Queenie moved here after her and an ex got into it bad, so I decided that if she was here that would make my life so much easier but if not, then it was still far enough away from him to be comfortable. Queenie was the only one who I was relaxed enough around to tell about my home life, so I told her everything from how I met him to when I first got hit to now, she was furious to say the least but when I told her about me wanting to move she completely agreed saying I should come with her. Yet when the day came she left after I told her that I wanted to stay even though she knew why I was staying, i knew I was to cowardly, I could not blame her at all we still occasionally texted but I never told her I was here.

I jumped down from Beast making him growl and put a possessive arm around my waist causing me to look up at him at him with innocent eyes.

"Please Beast she's not gonna hurt me, it's ok." I said stroking his chest softly calming him down.

He looked at me with anger in his eyes, he gave me a look that said to come back. He softly kissed my forehead and let me come over to my auntie , out of the corner of my eye I could see him slink back into the shadows . He was sulking in the shadows watching everyone's move around me, it made me feel safe.

"Auntie Queenie what are you doing here?" I asked her whilst leaning in for a hug.

"I could ask you the same thing sweetheart?"she repeated my question with a familiar southern accent that made me feel at home. She enveloped me in her arms, I could smell the familiar scent of coconuts on her and it made my eyes watery. She pulled back to look at me with sad, knowing eyes .

"Sweetheart is he here?" she inquired angrily.

"NO!!..no...god no, I finally got away." I whispered at the end .

"Thank god" she hugged me tight, happy tears in her eyes.

"So you're with Beast now, I never would have guessed he would take an Old Lady, but I'd imagine if it was anyone it'd be you." she smiled at me while I blushed looking back at Beast finding him already watching me, I turned around.

"What's an Old Lady?" I questioned softly

"Well sweetheart and Old Lady is a parched in members woman, so like a serious girlfriend or wife." She told me intelligently. Was she someone's Old Lady.

"Are you someone's Old Lady" I verbalized my question.

"Yes actually I'm Bullets' Old Lady" she answered proudly.

"I'm happy for you Auntie" I said with tears in my eyes. She deserved to be happy after her leaving Pine Springs, Texas. I turned to see if Beast was watching me, and as expected he was watching me intently.

———————————————————————————————

When my angel jumped down from my waist it angered me and my possessive streak was shown. I growled taking her into my arms, she softly rubbed my chest calming my heart rate. she soothed me enough to talk to her aunt.

I moved back into the shade watching her keenly, poised for anything that may happen. Even though we were safe in the clubhouse. They enveloped each other in a hug and questioned each other why they were here, but what really caught my attention was when she asked if he was here, Lily tensed yelling no making me anxious that she was scared.

Who were they taking about, an old boyfriend maybe

The mere thought of another man touching my innocent little angel made me growl lowly in my throat, god what was wrong with me she's not mine, hell she probably wouldn't even want a monster like me.

After everything I did

I shook my head ridding myself of the dark thoughts invading my mind, the blood, the terror in their eyes, I shook my head again looking at the woman in front of me.

She was talking intently with Queenie  about something but I couldn't quite catch what they were saying. She looked back at me with a blush and her head slightly down, I just gave her a calm expression, she turned back around asking her aunt something.

Lily and Queenie continued with their 'girl talk' for a few more moments before they hugged and Queenie scurried away to bullet I assumed and Lily walked slowly over to me, stopping only a couple feet away. I could see how tired she was, her slouched shoulders, head down, droopy eyes, and tired smile.

"Ready to sleep" I asked lowly making her jump slightly, not expecting me to speak.

"God yes I'm exhausted" she said with a yawn.

I stepped toward her silently my boots making a soft impact on the floor and picked her up carefully. She clung to me koala style legs wrapped wrong my waist and arms wrapped around my neck, she buried her face into my neck per usual.

"Angel do you wanna sleep in my room" I asked her carefully not wanting to frighten her with the idea that I wanted more, but in reality I just wanted her close to protect her not that my brothers would do anything. Yet I still had the undeniable urge to care, protect, and kill anything that tried to diminish her bright beautiful light.

"Yesh" she murmured and slurred tiredly, it was so adorable.

"Ok angel" I spoke into her hair and carried her to my bedroom shutting the door with my foot closing off the outside world with a metal clack, leaving us to our own devices of solitude and peace.

For once in my life I had peace, and god forbid anyone try to rip it from my grasp.

———————————————————————————————

I  finally updated, I'm sorry it took so long 🤩🤩🤩😋😋😍

Master Ninja Panda