R A G E & K A N D Y

"For fuck's sake, stop chewing like a cow!"

"You told me to chew slowly and graciously."

"Not like that, Mr. Hemsworth!"

Valerie ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. This was the fifteenth candidate in three days and none of them were able to fit in the category. She needed someone who naturally knew his way and even though her mind constantly stopped onto one person, she tried to flush her idea. The fact that Kandy accustomed himself to bring her the lunch everyday during afternoons didn't help her either. They would always end up in argument though, with Valerie telling him not to cook food for her and him insisting on the idea.

She couldn't help but sigh, everything was ready except the right candidate. She had ordered her men to prepare the fake documentation for the properties, it was indeed something she knew María Jose would greed into.

It was 12.17 in the afternoon and Valerie knew Kandy would barge into her room anytime now. He would make himself comfortable in the couch while she ate in silence and he would watch in amusement. Valerie knew he wouldn't budge until she ate her food, it was like they were following this daily routine and even though Valerie won't agree out loud, she knew she was grateful for him to bring her the food, otherwise she would've died of starvation.

"Ma'am, I cannot. I quit !" Gerrit Hemsworth sighed in frustration. He was done with Valerie's commands, she was way too demanding for a person who didn't have any experience in that department.

"You're quiting? Hell no, Mr. Hemsworth. I'm firing you out of this!" She yelled through gritted teeth before throwing a bastard glare towards Gerrit, who was looking at her in a way that clearly said 'you're unbelievable!'

Gerrit shook his head and moved towards the door while whispering a few profanities under his breath, but unfortunately Valerie seemed to hear that and in no second Gerrit had his face met with a gun point.

Valerie looked Gerrit dead in the eyes. She didn't like when somebody disrespected her. She was the in charge in here and she knew it was time to show the man who he was messing with.

"What did you just say? Would you mind repeating that Mr. Hemsworth?" Valerie said in a low threatening voice. Her eyes freezing dangerously on Gerrit's, as if trying to make out the emotions he was feeling. She wanted to see the regret in his eyes but when found none, Valerie pushed the man towards the wall where he fell, stumbling a bit.

He looked neither scared nor sorry for his words. Either way he knew he had whispered the truth under his voice. Valerie Donovan was indeed an aggressive bitch as he had thought. Gerrit looked at Valerie through challenging hard eyes, he wasn't ready to back away and he knew Valerie wouldn't too.

"I called you a bitch." He smirked, saying each word as if he enjoyed taunting her through that.

At the same time, the knock on the door stops Valerie from charging towards Gerrit and before Valerie could even open her mouth, Kandy barges in with his natural big smile on his face with plate in his hand.

Kandy stops when he sees Valerie holding a gun and a man sprawled on the floor, both staring at him. Steadily the smile leaves Kandy's face as he sees Valerie pointing his gun towards the poor soul.

"Mr Karter, leave the plate on the desk and get out." Valerie says dangerously, her eyes glaring at him leaving no room for argument.

Kandy didn't know what to do, he knew if he left the room, then the man who was sprawled on the floor wouldn't be able to see the next sunlight. He was hesitating with the decision. His eyes found Valerie's and he could see the rage in them as she glared icily towards him, warning him.