C I G A R E T T E S & R E B E L S

Valerie didn't wait for Kandy to wake up the next day. She calls up Martin and gives him the address to Kandy's apartment and strolls out of his flat without anybody noticing her disappearance.

She was eager to get away from Kandy as soon as possible and after last night, Valerie decided that if she wanted the plan to work, she should keep it professional. Hence, no more staying over at certain someone's house. At the same time, Valerie's eyes skipped to the T-shirt she had been wearing and she let out a frustrated sigh.

So much for keeping it professional..she thought.

His T-shirt smelled just like his bakery and Valerie wanted nothing more than to rip the damn piece of clothing apart. Not because she despised the scent but only because she fuckin' liked it, it comforted her in a very odd way.

Her chauffeur waited for her near the apartment building and without wasting any more time, Valerie slides inside the car. On her command, Martin accelerates through the streets, but not before noticing a man's t-shirt over her body.

Martin smiles.

Valerie, once in her study room, she got into work. She decided to make a contract for the deal that involved Kandy's indulgence. She even laid out the rules and tenure on the contract. Albiet, she had no idea how much time it was gonna take to bring down Maria José.

Valerie had already sent Clark to deliver the contract papers to Anderson. In her book, everything should have a written proof, it held a word and mutual decisions from both side of the parties. She knew the matter was confidential, and that they would be in great trouble if anyone were able to find out about the under the table contract, that's why she had sent her best man to deliver the papers.

The man would die before letting the contract fall into the wrong hands.

Her shoulder pain had been better than before but it would take some time for the wound to fully heal, and even after that Valerie didn't stop working.

Valerie's cell phone rings and she sighs before picking the phone from the table. Her eyes take in the caller and she contemplates on her decision to pick up the call. As usual, the guilty part of Valerie wins and she ends up pressing the green button.

"Juliet."

"Vals, where were you yesterday? It was your brother's engagement day. How could you miss something so big? I missed you there and -" Juliet blabbered from the other side of the call, her voice seemed dejected and Valerie couldn't help but shut her eyes at her voice.

"I had important matters that had to be taken care of." She says as a matter of fact, her voice collective as always.

"More important than your family?"

Juliet sounded hurt and Valerie's grip on the table tightened. Nothing was more important to her than her own family, hell she had been keeping away from everyone only so she can protect her damn family but of course she can't expect anyone to understand her. She knew nobody would understand her.

Keeping a rock on her heart, Valerie replies, "Yes."

There was no reply from the other side of the call and Valerie was sure she had once again hurt Juliet. Juliet was a softie and the type of person who could be easily provoked or get hurt by the simplest of things and help her god, Valerie had just managed to do just that.

"What was so important?" She finally heard Juliet whisper from the other side of the call. Valerie let out a sigh of relief.

"It's confidential."

"I'm your sister-in-law, you can tell me." Juliet insisted.

"Not yet." Valerie replies, her voice stone cold.