27: Cliff's Edge

The cool wind glazed through your skin like the icy ocean waves of winter.

That's when you finally went back to your senses and woke up.

Like a lightning struck your whole frame, as if that electricity jolted your body awake from the cold and the pain. Your eyes went wide open, your heart pumped fast on your chest and you heaved from where you were seated.

At first you thought you were inside of a dark unlit room,-- but it didn't made sense since you could feel the wind touching your skin and you could smell the damp earth around you.

The chair you were sitting on was unbalance, tilted to the left and would wobble at your slightest movement like it was position on a rocky surface.

You attemped to stand up from your seat, eager to get away from there because your body sensed danger.

But a loud gasped escaped your mouth as your eyes adjusted to the darkness.

Looking straight a head of you, the light from the moon finally helped you see the rock formations up front, the raging waves below, and the huge gap of land right on your toes.

Your whole body trembled, the hair at the back of your neck rose up and the feeling of levitating spread through you like your were experiencing vertigo.

You almost lost your balance after realizing that you were seating at the edge of a precipice, only a feet away from falling off the steep cliff.

"God!" You exclaimed, holding tight on your chair afraid that it might move you forward to your death.

You were not tied on anything.

Meaning, whoever placed you there was expected you to fall down to your death on your own.

Like you were some kind of doll or something to play with.

A burning range aflame inside you, and you gripped on the wooden chair, pushing your body's weight backwards to make it fall back on the land behind you.

You immediately stood up afraid that whoever's at your back might just push you off.

With your back on the cliff, you still felt unsound, unable to move forward to a safe distance from that edge because of the man standing a few feet away from you.

A smug grin on his face was plastered there while he crossed his arms on his chest.

"Thought it would have been easy getting rid of you."

"Too bad," you spat back, "you should have killed me at the car crash."

"Now that would not be fun."

"Why are you doing this?"

You kept a strong facade but you were trembling inside.

The pain of your cuts were tingling through your body and you felt exhausted up to the point of fainting but you were fighting it off.

"Legacy."

You scoffed at his statement.

"He's not even your son, what are you so worked up about?"

That smile on his face wasn't leaving even when he started to walk towards you.

You wanted to walk backwards but you know you couldn't, that'll only make it easier for him to push you down to your death.

You needed to hold your ground.

With your fists in front of you, you put up a strong face while you ready yourself to fighting position.