35: Red Carpet

It has been more than a week after the call from Jungkook's mother had happened and though he tried his best to show that he was not affected, you can still see through him.

He was uneasy.

He would usually go out of the house and meet with Taehyung. The guy had been dismissed out of the hospital and was currently looking for an apartment for him and Nica.

Jungkook said he's helping them look for one.

But for you he was just trying to get his mind off things.

"The homecoming party your mom wanted you to attend is tonight. Right?" You asked while you placed the plate in front of him setting the table up.

"Mmmh," he hummed nodding his head in agreement.

"Aren't you planning to go?"

Silence.

"Nah."

"Kook," you sat on the chair across him while you held Junghee on your arms. The little kid turned his head towards his father, curious of what you guys were talking. "I know they are still important for you, I heard how loud your mother cried over the phone while she kept apologizing for everything."

"They were still part of the whole thing," he's being stubborn again.

You sighed, "that's why she apologized. Kook, it's hard but it'll be harder not to forgive them, I know how much you love them still, we are not getting younger, and neither are they. Think about it before it's too late. Mmh?" You said reaching for his hand on top of the table.

---

"But!"

"No buts," Jungkook said pushing you inside the bathroom and closing the door once you're in, "I'll watch Junghee, you prepare yourself for the party, you're coming with me since you talked me into this."

You sighed.

"And it's a black and white ball so better wear something white babe," he added.

"Fine!"

"We'll be preparing at Junghee's room."

You did your routine, chose a decent white dress and put on a light make-up.

As soon as you were done, you went directly to your son's room only to see a well dressed Jungkook and Junghee.

You gasped a little bit but disguised it as clearing your throat.

He looked so damn hot.

What the hell is wrong with him?

Dammit.

"Oh, you're done," he smiled and approached you placing his hands on either side of your hips before leaning in for a kiss.