TBI: Chapter 1

A crash resounded so loudly in the large building that it could be heard across the floor and a couple levels up. He cursed loudly and quickly pressed a syringe into another person's inner elbow before sprinting out and down the stairs.

"Idiot," He grumbled, rounding a corner. He pulled up short for just a moment before hurrying over to a similar but more frail looking male who lay gasping on the floor. "Hart, what did you do this time?"

The boy took a moment to regain his breath before slowly turning onto his stomach. He placed his hands on the ground, and with the help of the other, managed to make it up onto his knees. Even so, he was still clinging for dear life.

"The syringe--" He released a quick, shuddering breath, "I-I threw it and it hit the, uh..." He made a face, trying to remember, his cobalt eyes narrowing in slight confusion, "The computers! It hit the computers a-and exploded."

"Figures." The taller one sat down and pressed a button on his headset, flinching as three other voices exploded into his ears.

"Hart, what the fuck happened?"

"--ere the fuck are you?"

"Mark, answer us you slice of dick fuck shit!"

He sighed and pressed another button, "We're fine. A computer exploded."

An angry huff escaped the lips of who he immediately knew to be his best friend Derek, "Well, you could've fucking answer--"

"We're on the third floor." He continued, attempting to avoid Derek's wrath, "And yes, Steph, I know I'm extremely hot, so can I understand why you're too nervous to say it outright."

A girlish, slightly dry chuckle immediately made his heart skip a beat, "It's a good thing your last name means singing sound. Is that how you are in bed?"

He grinned, "It's an understatement."

"I figured you would say that. Is Hart okay?"

His gaze cast over to Hart, the small boy that resembled him in nearly every way possible except for color and size. His little brother, who lay in his arms, was struggling to stay awake, but mostly failing.

"He's falling unconscious." He replied. "And I don't wanna move him, in case he's got an injury I can't see, cuz he's on half of my body right now."

"Don't worry," another voice answered, this one deep and assuring, a slight Spanish accent to his voice. He felt his heart skip a beat again and he turned around as he heard footsteps, "I think I found you."

A few moments later, another male entered the hallway. Tall, at 6'1", a mop of golden blonde hair sat plopped upon a handsome, slightly rugged face that always choked up his body. Hazel green eyes with light blue edges scanned the area before landing on his own, and then on the body in his lap, before his long legs carried him over quickly.

"Mark," The blonde greeted, ruffling his hair as he arrived and then stooping down to pick up Hart bridal-style. Mark stood up once his brother was off his legs, brushing off his butt before picking up all three of their helmets. He gave the taller male a smile, silently wishing he was taller than 5'9" and could reach his lips without standing on his toes.

"Thank you, Robbie." He replied, sounding shy. Robbie's lips lifted in a small smile before he jerked his head towards the exit and led him out. They made their way across the abandoned parking lot towards a black Jeep. As they walked, he couldn't help but gaze through the world surrounding them.

The building they'd left was run down and eroding, crumpled in by the area that had exploded. He swallowed hard as he wondered how fast his brother had to run to get away in time.