45 ; real life

tyler sat with his head in his hands in the waiting room of the hospital. he could see the flashing lights of the paparazzi through the windows of the emergency room which only made things worse for him. he blamed this on himself. he knew seana was batshit crazy and should've protected kelsey better. now, he didn't know what to do or if kelsey would ever forgive him. he worried that the baby was dead. he worried that kelsey would never be the same if she was gone. he worried that this would change their lives forever.

while he stayed in the waiting room all night, he contacted kelsey's family. he knew she didn't talk about them much but he remembered kelsey saying that her and her brother were close.

hours later, kelsey's older brother kaleb walked into the waiting room of the hospital and went to the front desk. "hi, i'm here to see kelsey raymond. i'm her brother."

tyler, who was sitting in the waiting room, looked up after hearing what he said. he got up and went to kaleb. "you're kaleb, right? i'm tyler, kelsey's boyfriend."

kaleb looked over and nodded. "you're the one who called. how is she?"

tyler looked down and sighed. "they haven't let me see her yet."

the nurse at the front desk chimed in. "visiting hours are in about 30 minutes but i can squeeze you two back there right now. i'm looking at her chart and it says she's clear for visitors." she told them with a smile.

tyler and kaleb sighed in relief. "you can do that?" kaleb asked her.

she shrugged. "don't worry about it." she smiled a bit and got up from the chair. "follow me."

the boys quickly nodded and started walking after her.

"now, i don't know if she's awake or how severe her injuries may appear, but you should try to prepare yourselves for anything." the nurse said, stopping at the room that kelsey was in.

tyler and kaleb looked at each other and then back to the nurse. they nodded and prepared themselves. "thank you." tyler told her.

the nurse smiled. "no problem. i wish you all the best." she turned and walked back to the front desk.

tyler took in a breathe and slowly opened the door. he walked in carefully and kaleb followed him.

"oh god." kaleb said with a quivering voice. he leaped over to his sisters side and held her hand.

tyler couldn't move from the spot he was in. he stood with tears in his eyes at the foot of her bed. he turned and rubbed his eyes. "i'm so sorry, kels." he cried into his hand. "i'm so sorry." he spoke, almost inaudible.

kelsey was lying asleep in the hospital bed with a bruise across her face and a bandage on her chin from where she hit the ground.

tyler moves closer to her and put his hand on her bump. he held back his tears and kissed her tummy. he then looked up at her face and put his hand on the cheek that wasn't bruised.

"you know this is the first time i'm seeing her pregnant." kaleb spoke, trying to break the awkward silence.

tyler thought about the baby and could barely speak without breaking down into tears.

kaleb sniffed and tried to make conversation. "she told me she was having a girl. did you come up with a name yet?" he asked softly, knowing it was a touchy subject.

tyler wiped a tear and looked up. "cyndi grace."

kaleb smiled. "cyndi grace. i like it." he looked down to kelsey.

there was a knock on the door and a doctor slowly walked in. "hi, i'm doctor robbins." she said with a smile, closing the door behind her.

"you're her doctor? how is she? how's the baby?" tyler asked, quickly standing on his feet.

dr. robbins walked closer with a medical chart in her hand. "i'm actually not kelsey's doctor. i'm the babies." she looked at the chart and then back up to the boys. "the baby-"

"cyndi." kaleb interrupted. "her name is cyndi."

the doctor nodded. "right. cyndi has a punctured lung and we'll need to do surgery to fix it." she explained.

tyler sighed in relief that his child was alive but then seemed confused. he furrowed his eyebrows. "wait, she's only 6 months, she's not ready to be born."

the doctor smiled a bit. "she won't be. ill basically be performing a c-section, but after i patch up your little girl, i'll put her back into the uterus so she can cook a little longer and then i'll close kelsey up."

kaleb listened carefully. "you've done this before?"

dr. robbins nodded. "all the time. you don't have to worry. i spoke to kelsey before they put her under and she told me to do whatever i have to do to save her baby."

tyler looked up. "they put her under? i thought she just fell asleep." he looked at kelsey and kissed her hand.

"it's something we do to patients who experienced a trauma. a little rest can ease your mind significantly." the doctor picked up the chart and smiled at the two boys. "the surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. kelsey should be up within the next hour. i have to go, but her primary care doctor will be in to update you shortly."

tyler and kaleb nodded. "thank you." they muttered.

she walked out of the room and the boys stared at kelsey, waiting for her to open her big eyes.

all they could do was wait.