Fell Poth

Scenario one:
- More cocky Lotus
- Smol Rurik

Scenario two:

Rurik and Lotus had known each other for years, but had to split up when a war started. Grown up, they're on opposite sides, and reunite at (CoInCidEnTaLlY) their old school.

Scenario three;

(Alright, so this one is basically one giant trigger warning.
I will not be roleplaying as Rurik unless I completely trust you know exactly what you're doing with Lotus' character.
It's a very sensitive subject for me and I will block you if you can't be at least semi-lit with it and know what you're talking about when you do these things.
I'm not gonna apologise for the uncharacteristic strictness, because I've gotten people who have no idea how to roleplay want to do these sorts of things, and they don't even understand the kind of disorder that self-hate and severe depression are.
I'll be playing Lotus unless, again, I trust you with his character.
With that said, keep this logical. It doesn't have to be realistic, but keep it logical.
And with all that out of the way, here's your scenario)

Lotus is usually left alone for most of the day, for Rurik was out with other people he didn't know. That gave him plenty of time for self hate and o t h e r stuff.
When he'd come home, which was usually in wee hours of the morning, he'd find that Lotus was usually hurting himself in the time he was alone. His first idea of a punishment, being completely and utterly wasted, was a very bad physical one.
But then, in the mornings, he'd always regret it. Because of what had happened in his past, violence was the only punishment he knew. And that was the only way he knew to get Lotus to stop hurting himself. Punishments for bad behavior and rewards for good behavior, it was a simple principle, really.
He didn't know how addicting it really was.

It's until Rurik realized that he almost killed Lotus, and he decides he should be staying home longer and giving his boyfriend more love to make him stop hurting himself, even if he was still a meanie tsundere butt.
Lotus was afraid of doing anything wrong, and was honestly afraid of Rurik too, and is super confused when he suddenly turns his act around. Except he was suspicious at the same time, since his alcohol problems and abuse never stopped. He'd still come in, but Lotus just had to get himself to sleep—which was never easy—in time and he wouldn't do anything.

Scenario four;

Custom

I dunno, don't judge me