Marked By a Dragon

This is my first ever upload O: whoa. Even though the first chapter is short, this story will acually be quite long. I hope you'l enjoy reading it cause I've been enjoying writing it very much :3 that is all :D thanks and good reading!

        ~~~~~*****~~~~~*******~~~~~*******~~~~~*******~~~~~~

The colorful flowers and grass of the field were buffeted by a large gust of wind, as if someone had turned on a fan suddenly. Ashlyn stood there, staring at her surroundings curiously, wondering at the sudden wind that seemed to have no effect on her. It would stop, only to come back a few seconds later. Suddenly this ‘wind’ picked up speed and out of the sky dropped a dragon.

                “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Ashlyn screamed. Before her stood a magnificently beautiful, yet terrifying, dragon. He was black as night, with a thick whit scar running up his forearm. His large, soft looking wings were tucked to his sides for better mobility when on the ground. And don’t get me started on the terrifying looking spikes running along his back, or the large white claws on his feet. It didn’t help that he seemed to be almost as tall as a six story house.

                Strangely enough though, when the dragon turned to look at her, Ashlyn was not afraid. She felt more of a sense of pride when his large head nudged her naked waist. That was, until his tongue traced an odd pattern on her side. It felt like fire was crawling up her skin, and she started screaming, dropping to her knees in pure pain. The dragon stepped back, and a few minutes later when she looked up, in his place there stood a man. He stepped into the moon light and-

“BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!” Ashlyn’s alarm clock buzzed, jolting her from her dream.  She had been having the same dream for months now, always the same. Except the licking and pain to her side were different, but whatever, she never got to see the man’s face, no matter how hard she tried to go back to sleep, she could never pull it up. He never spoke either, which she thought was weird. Her dreams used to be full of the inane babble of others before she had her seventeenth birthday. That was the night the dream had first happened, and has happened ever since.

                Ashlyn sighed. Might as well get up for school, she thought bitterly. She walked into her bathroom and got in the shower, letting the water wake her as she washed her hair and body. After a good fifteen minutes, she turned the shower off and wrapped herself up in a fluffy white towel. She loved her bathroom, with its calming light blue and chocolate brown decor, white offsets, and a shower that could fit almost eight people, it was definitely amazing. Shaking her head, Ashlyn continued on her way to her bedroom to get dressed. Once she was satisfied with a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, knee high leather boots, white tank top and leather jacket, she looked in the mirror to check her outfit out.

                “Damn I look good today.” She mused aloud to herself, chuckling on her way back to the bathroom to do her hair and makeup.  After blow-drying and straightening her long black hair, Ashlyn pulled it all up into a stylish pony tail with her bangs slightly poofed at the front. Adding a touch of mascara and eyeliner, she was ready for school. As she left her room, Ashlyn made sure to grab her iPhone and backpack. When she entered the kitchen, she was quite surprised to find her mom standing by the counter, a cup of coffee in one hand and the keys to, something, in her other.

                “Ashlyn, darling, I told you a few months back that I got you something special for your birthday, right?” My mum asked me.

                “Um, yeah, but I don’t exactly remember what it was…” Ashlyn trailed, her gaze drifting to the kitchen table where there was…  A bicycle helmet? She looked questioningly at her mum, hope shining clearly in her eyes at the large grin on her mother’s face.

                “That’s right baby! I got you your very own custom made Suzuki hayabusa! It’s right out front. But be careful when driving, I don’t want you to crash!” My mother stated sternly.

                “I love you! I love you so very much! Thank you mum, you’re the greatest!” I beamed up at her, excited for my first ride on my baby. I gave mom a quick peck on the cheek, snatched the key from her hand and scooped my helmet off the table and was out the door in eight seconds flat. There, sitting in my driveway, was a red and black busa, with a curious dragon going along the right side, as if my mom knew of the dreams I was having. Excited, I slipped my helmet on and tossed my phone into my bag as I slid on the bike. It was as if the thing molded to my body, saying hello and that it would love me forever. Starting the busa, I laughed gleefully as my baby purred to life, then roared out of my driveway and sped off to school.

                The ride to school seemed to pass by in a matter of seconds. The second I pulled into my normal parking spot, my besty Layton was on me in a flash, tapping the side of my helmet. Not bothering to take it off, I turned to look at her.

                “Hey! Look I like your ride and all, but you can’t park here, it’s reserved, I’m truly very sorry.” Lay told me calmly. I laughed softly to myself and pulled the helmet off my head, loving the look on her face when she realized it was me. “You whore! You have a busa??!?!?!” She screamed, instantly attracting the attention of other people. I cringed. Not very many people at the lovely school of Rightly High liked me very much. It wasn’t due to me being unattractive, because I was an unusually attractive girl for my age. No, it had everything to do with my strange eyes. My right eye was a bright blue with flecks of amber in it, while my left eye was a startling shade of violet, with black specks in it. It was the first and last thing people noticed about me, because it always drove them off. Hell I was a seventeen year old senior in high school who had never been kissed by a boy because they all felt my eyes were “unnatural”.

                Then there was lovely little Layton McMillan. She had become my friend in the eighth grade when she moved to the small town of Rightly, California all the way from New York, New York. She called all the other kids stupid idiots and gave me a cup cake. It was love at first bite, and the beginning of a sisterly friendship. Of course, Layton was quite the beauty herself. She had long, curly blonde hair and vibrant green eyes, with a cute button nose. Despite her beauty, Layton only ever made friends with me, but we were okay with that. What I wasn’t okay with was the crowd of people that had surrounded us to get a better look at my baby. Knowing I would be uncomfortable, Layton glared at the people around us.

                “If you snobby bitches don’t back the fuck up, Ash over there will zap you with lightning, and I’ll rip your bloody heads off!” She yelled rather drastically. Instantly the kids began to scatter, all sending us fearful looks. Ah the rumor mill in a small town. A lot of the older generation believed me to be a witch, or the devil’s own spawn. Yeah, right. Is it really that hard to believe that I’m just a normal girl? I sighed again. Today was going to be long. Just as that thought crossed my mind, the morning bell rung, declaring that I needed to head off to class.

                “Come on Lay,” I said, grabbing her arm and dragging her away from my busa, “I’ll tell ya all about it during first hour, deal?” I questioned, glancing back at her. She was staring at my bike longingly, but looked back at me to nod her affirmative. I nodded in response and continued to trudge through the sea of students. Oh Jim Carey, please let today be easy. I thought to myself.

                Little did I know it was going to be anything but easy. In fact, this very day would change my whole life, and set my future on a new course.