PART 9

When we walked back to his office he was very quiet. His robes just swashed behind him and he looked straight ahead and not at me. I thought he was going to tell me to back off before he grabbed my hands and kept them warm even when walking in the corridor. I snatched them away and told him that bad things would happen if we were caught. He looked at me then at my hand and then let go and carried on walking as normal. It was cold and the spirit of his touch still lingered in my mind but I told myself over and over that I didn't like him. I was stupid and heartbroken over Ron. He was my rebound. 

Once we got to his office he told me to sit down in front of a fire but I defiantly sat in his chair. I looked at him. He sat under the cover and a tear slipped down his cheek that he put in a bottle.

"Do you seriously want to remember this?" I asked.

"Yes, I want to remember you because you are my everything,"

I gave in and sat in the blanket next to him. It felt like it was 6000 degrees but I think that was because Severus was so hot and his scent of burnt toast is heavenly. I'm trying to block the terrible thoughts about where this will end in the back of my head, because the only thing that matters is my severus and myself. 

He stroked my head like a kitten and I sighed and leaned into his moist armipt. 

"You are still angry, Hermione," he muttered.

I was silent for a moment as I looked at the flickering flames and breathed in deeply. He knew me so well.

"Do you love him?" I whispered.

He paused for a second and then said "No,"

A tear rolled down my cheek, "Then why did you-"

"No, please let's not talk about th-"

"NO! Let's talk about this because I want to know! I want to know why you broke my heart with a man who is so old he could be your father! Why he is carrying your baby! Why you didn't at least tell me from the start that you- you are- you-"

"Are what?"

"ARE A CREEP. THAT YOU WANNA HAVE SEX WITH EVERYONE! HAGRID, DUMBLEDORE, ME! WHO ELSE?" I screamed and choked on my words and all the world was crashing around me.

"Hermione. Look at me,"

I struggled underneath his grip and tried to fight his hands as soft as sawpaper off of my delicate wrists. I wanted him to get away from me. Right away. I hated him. I HATED him with all of my heart. How could I think that he would ever be good for me. Only this morning I forgot about him. And now I'm right in his palm. I want to leave and never see him again.

"I don't know how to feel," he looked down, "Ever since Lily I've been sleeping around with anything or anyone who will accept me, but you, you're the one,"

My tears turned into happier ones and he licked my tears away. He looked deep into my eyes and I looked deep into his and for once I could see the pupil of his dark black eyes. It was like he was opening his soul up to me. 

"You are the one, Hermione" he said slowly, "I've been feeling disloyal to Lily, so I ran to Dumbledore because things were going so well, and nothing goes well for me, it always ends badly," 

"No," I whispered against his skin. 

"I know I've done wrong and that dumbledore has made things difficult but you," he liftted my chin so I had to look into his eyes and he slowly said, "But, I love you,"

Those words were the ones that I dreaded to hear. The ones that would bind me to him forever so I could never let go. I hated him for saying them to me but I know that he's done it. He's lured me back into his arms. I'm looking into his eyes and it still feels like how it was a few months ago, the love is still there. His dark eyes and charming personality are a recipe for a disaster.

Once he had put his large dry hands with severe ezema on mine I knew only one thing.

I still loved him.

We embraced with a kiss and bad thoughts were still lingering in the back of my mind but I just lived for the moment. This was wrong and I could be expelled but Dumbledore hadn't done that yet so obviously he wants me to stay for something. I just don't know what it is.