PART 13

His strong eyes were now weak as I told him the truth that rocked his boat of somewhat security. Sure our life is cruel and complicated, but we had gotten used to that. Now we would have to question everything all again.

He shook his head slowly as I embraced him. His cloaked body stood in my arms and he smelt differently. He smelt of the lies that surrounded him.

"The baby might still be yours, Severus," I comforted.

"it's not just that, it is the lying that has surrounded us for so long. Dumbledore, a man I respected, cheated on me and didn't even care"

I felt myself tear up and I wiped it and carried on stroking his back. I didn't know what to say or how to try saying it. He is my whole world and he is collapsing. He just wants something he can rely on.
And I can be just that.

All his life he has been alone with no one he could truly trust. I slept with Ron and I left him and I'm the closest he could get to secure and trustworthy.

I'm a horrible person and I can't bare to watch the strongest man I know collapse in my arms. I hushed him while he hung lifeless in my arms.

Severus may not have wanted this baby, but at least it was the truth that he could deal with. Now it's just unknown.

I head footsteps outside the potions room and loud shouting and voices that I dreaded to recognize.
At first it was murmurs and then it increased to a full on argument, and I felt Severus body tighten as he recognized the voices. Not now, please not now .

The doors rang open and Severus climbed out of my arms that could no longer keep him safe.
He stood up and looked at the door as Dumbledore stormed in with Hagrid trailing behind him. They both looked furious.

Severus put on his best poker face to hide his emotions, just like he always does. I wish he could show his emotions to more people than just me.

"Severus it isn't what you think!" He said the words with such power like giving a speech. Severus kept his face clear of emotion. "I didn't cheat on you. It was when we were on break and you were being indecisive about us" he seemed so angry.

"He's a bleeding liar, Severus. You ain't gonna listen to a word he says" Hagrid shouted, standing slightly behind him.

"I don't think Severus needs this right now. You're both as bad as eachother!" I let my passion not how loud the words were project into the room. 

"Listn to me you lot! I wasn't lookin' to be no 'omewrecker I was just lookin' to 'ave a good time, no 'arm in that, eh? And even one time I was busy and Albus over 'ere forced 'imself onto me and I couldn't say no! He was always gossipin' bout ya and he ain't no loyal wizard!" Hagrid boomed quickly while Dumbledore tried to interrupt everything he was saying with feeble comebacks. 

"I was all lookin' forward to gettin' rid of this bloody sex addiction but Dumbledore kept comin' on and on and I di'nt know what to do! He's a bloody mess, Severus! You're lucky the baby might not be yours!"

A green spark left Severus' wand and flung Hagrid back to the room with a loud thud. (A/N: yeah that's incorrect but oh well) I shrieked internally and my eyes flew at Severus, who had a single tear rolling down his cheak that could only be seen when standing near. 

He spoke slowly, like he'd thought of all the words before revealing them smoothly and carefully.  "I don't want all this shouting. It's bad for the baby." Dumbledore looked at him deeply, his old structure that usually looked strong, appeared frail and old. His small bump probably wouldn''t be living well, with all the stress it is under.

Severus let go of my clammy hand, walked up to Dumbledore and raised a single finger to Hagrid indicating for him to shut up with his rant in broken English. Severus placed a hand on Dumbledore's lower stomach and looked into his eyes. "Not... my baby?" Severus's voice sounded coarse like he was biting back the tears, while I bit back mine.

Dumbledore looked solidly into Severus's eyes. "It's a 50/50 chance"

"Then all you did was lie to me"

The room was silent for a moment as they intensely locked eyes. My heart ached for them. It ached for this messed up reality to join them together in a beautiful child. A child that I dreaded and now wanted to exist.

Hagrid then slowly started to pick himself up from the fall and coughed awkwardly. I looked at him and couldn't belive that he used to be a friend. An innocent friend. Someone to even look up to. I so wanted to tell the ministry about him, but he would do the same thing about me.

"We could do a paternity potion," I spoke calmly, "We have to wait until the baby is born, unless you want a risky procedure. I don't reccomend that"

"Why ain't it safe?" Hagrid asked.

"Because it might harm the baby," Severus cut in, "And Albus. But the baby will always come first. I can wait,"

We met eyes and I found it hard to visualise us waiting two months for this baby to be born, stuck in limbo. 

"Ain't any alternative?" 

"No," Severus said quickly. 

Dumbledore said the one thing none of us wanted to hear: "We could talk to Professor Trelawney"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I AM VERY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A MONTH. there were a couple reasons, I wrote half the chapter on my phone and when I logged in on the computer it wasn't there, also I had mock exams and I was being generally lazy. anyway i logged in to update and that half chapter was here so I didn't have to do much work so klklklklkll