PART 11

A few days later from Lavender's encounter, and Ron and I aren't speaking anymore. I told him that I don't want to complicate his life anymore and he insisted that I wasn't. He's always so lovely. In another world we might've been good together. Luckily, I have a man so much better, not a ginger school boy.

It's hard walking past him and Lavender and their entourage, but at least I can concentrate harder on my studies and Severus.

Severus treated me to a dinner last night. We went to his office and he made the lights dim and lit some candles. He kissed my hands and told me how much he loves me and then ranted about the students and I laughed while telling him to stop being so mean. I told him to stop being so hard on Harry and he just looked down and ignored that.

"I love this food, what is in the gravy again?"

"Well the gravy is not gravy," he said slowly and sexily, "It's a potion that I made. You add it to a meal and it makes it taste as perfect as you like it. So you are tasting the best gravy ever, with the crispiest, softest chips ever,"

I smiled, "I love how normal this meal is, it's a shame we'll never be as normal,"

"We will be soon m'lady,"

I leaned in for a kiss. It was slobbery but sweet. Severus had so much saliva.

I was desperate to hit upon a sensitive subject though, a subject that I'd tried to put to the back of my mind but it was so difficult to. Not when the man I loved in front of me, was also the love of someone else.

"So... Have you uh-" I cleared my throat, "Have you spoken to Dumbledore lately."

That shook Severus and he started choking and making barking noises while he coughed. I never knew he could make such a high pitched noise. His pale skin turned a red colour as he choked on his chip. His eyes watered making his ebony black eyes shimmer. He was so beautiful, even as he was dying in front of me.

I quickly clicked back into reality and murmured a spell which made him stop choking. He wiped his eyes and captured the memory in a small bottle. 

I laughed. "Why would you want to remember that?"

"I want to remember everything with you"

My heart imploded and I blushed so brightly. I could just be here with him forever until I realized he'd completely avoided my question. I spoke very quickly so I could raise it again, "Severus, you do realize I just asked you a question?"

"Yes, and I have spoken to Albus, his pregnancy is going well."

"And..?"

There was an awkward silence while he shifted on his chair, I looked at him deep in the wandering darkness in his circles of love.

"He's having a girl,"

"Oh,"

That was all I could mutter. It was all seeming so real now. This was going to be a child. A child, with a life, that can breathe, that can love, that can feel. She's going to be brought up with a parent who keeps chasing the other. 

They will never be a happy family.

"Are you going to be involved?"

He looked at me intensely. "I've never been good with children."

"But Dumbledore can't do it on his-"

"I know Hermione."

I took a deep breath, "You need to be there for him and the baby," 

He looked taken aback and I didn't blame him. I was saying everything incredibly fast like I was saying things spontaneously and he said everything slowly like he's been thinking about it for years.

"I don't know if I can," he whispered.

I grabbed his sweaty hand and I put it on my cheek. His touch was so rough against my soft face. We were total opposites, like chalk and cheese, but I would never have it any other way. 

"I know you can. You are the man who has lost and gained everything. You're an inspiration. Don't you ever feel like you can't do it,"

There was a slight pause before he said,  "I hope she grows up to be just like you, you are truly the brightest witch if your time,"

A tear dropped down my cheek and he collected it in a glass bottle. This moment was valuable, even if it was a sad one.

"I'm going to make more of an effort now, with Dumbledore. I know he hates me, but I want this child to be happy and you can't be happy if we can't all get along." I said, even though it hurt me.

"Yes,"

I put a chip in my mouth and chewed on it. The gravy made everything better.

Severus looked up into my eyes and said, "I love you,"

Everything cascaded around me and I whispered, "I love you too"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ^_^ 5k reads i guess not a lot in wattpad terms but good enough for me. rly getting into writing this atm