PART 10

I brushed myself off and re did my hair and walked quickly out of Snape's office and- 

BUMP!

I crashed right into Lavender. "Sorry," we both said simultaneously.

I looked nervously at the floor and Lavender just locked her eyes on me. We used to be good friends until she went out with Ron. There's always been tension because everyone has always assumed I'd end up with Ron. To be honest, she was the source of my problems, she started what I had with Severus, what I lost with Severus and everything in between. I should hate her so so much but I didn't. I was the one in the wrong.

"Well, I better get goi-" I said carefully avoiding my eyes from hers.

"No" She softly, but firmly, grabbed her arm, "Let's talk"

I looked around and she brought me into an empty classroom. She looked bored and angry, a bit like a stroppy two year old. But she was strong, and I never could be anymore.

"Lavender. You're obviously angry at me," I sighed, "And I don't blame you"

She kept quiet for a little before smiling a little bit and saying "You know what Hermione? Me and Ronnie will get through this little bump in the road and you can carry on being a slut and throwing yourselves at men. What happened to that nerdy Hermione? The one who is innocent and lovely? What happened to her, hey?"

A question I'd been asking myself.

"She's still here, she just went away for a bit," I whispered as I locked eyes with her.

"Ronnie was confused when he slept with you. He said it himself," I felt her eyes burn into mine.

"I was confused too"

"Well, sounds a bit of a stupid excuse, if you ask me,"

"It is" I said quietly, still keen to keep my eyes on hers.

"Well," she broke eye contact and looked around, "I think that is a fucking joke" and a string seemed to had broken, causing her to release a tsunami of anger towards me.

"Don't you ever," she said through gritted teeth as she walked slowly towards me, "Ever, ever talk, touch, smile, look at my Ronnie or I tell you something little girl," She was so close to me, too close to me, "You will never be able to talk, touch or smile at him again, or anything else for that matter."

Her eyes looked so dark and evil as her glare engulfed me and kept me captive. I was holding my breath as her eyes were inches away from mine, my eyes were watering from the fact I was making another enemy. She had just seriously given me a death threat, and Lavender has always been a little bit strange. I'm not even sure if she's exaggerating. 

I'm so alone. I have no one. Everywhere I walk I create a path of destruction.

I trust Harry. I trusted Ron, but now I can't because I don't want to ruin things with him and Lavender.  It's not like I ever loved him anyway. I just liked us being together. It wasn't meant to be. I hope him and Lavender live happily forever, just like I will. With Snape. He's my one and only.

"I'm sorry," I half mumbled / half whispered, gazing at the floor, drowning in self pity. She was still so close to me. 

"Sorry, will never be good enough," I have my eyes on you Granger"

A shiver charged through my body as she softly blew onto my face, "Begone witch, you have no powers here,"

I couldn't tell if it was the garlicky bad breath that made my eyes water or the sharpness of her words.  She stepped back smiled and walked out of the classroom with pretty denim skirt and knitted jumper, on her way to friends and a boyfriend that she can be honest about. All things that I didn't have. What just happened with Severus was nice and he made me feel special, but he will never be a proper boyfriend. We won't be able to hold hands around Hogwarts or anything a normal teen couple should have. It upsets me.

How could I go from such a high with Severus to such a low with Lavender. Was Lavender's or Severus's opinion of me more realistic? At the moment it's Lavender who is making all the sense.

I curled up into a ball onto the floor and didn't even cry. I just thought about how my life is so different to how it was a few months ago. It's crazy. I'm so poisoned now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- short chapter but wanted 2 update.................... v emotional too i guess can't believe i almost have 5k lmaoo