N•I•N•E

Everly

You'd think that with the grades and brains that I have, I'd have common sense. You'd think that with the scholarship I won, I'd be as intelligent as Steven Hawking.

I hope nobody's ever put their head on a chopping block for me about that.

I'd been foolish to tell Kennedy I could afford such a dress, might I add, that I'd only wear for one night. Why does clothes even cost that much to begin with?
Because of buying the dress, I had a pretty noticeable dent in my student account at the Bank. To avoid over-drafting, I try my hardest to spend as little money as possible.

Grandma and Pawpaw are only relying on their pension to take them from one month to the next, so for me to beg them for additional money than they already give me would be cruel. They've already done so much for me already.
I intend to return the dress though; I couldn't afford to lose about eight hundred dollars on a piece of clothing.

I was currently on my way back to the mall, having only three more red lights to go before I'm turning into the parking lot.
It was a slow lazy Tuesday afternoon, the sun was giving its warmth to all those in need and working hand in hand with the sweet breeze that blew.
Traffic was down to a minimum and even as I pulled into the mall's parking space, I'm pleased to notice that hardly any cars were there.

It didn't take me long to find the store we visited the last time, what with all the shiny lights surrounding it's name on the outside.
The same young cashier was behind the counter, idly checking herself out in the pocket mirror she held.

Never one for confrontation, I subconsciously try to talk myself out of it because returning the dress meant I had to talk to this girl; something I didn't want to do.
Her eyes jolts towards me while she snaps the mirror shut and acknowledges me.

"You need something?" She probes disinterested.

I remember that I'm still in the doorway and take a few more steps forward.

"Well, I was hoping I could return this dress I bought yesterday," my voice comes out steady.

"What, you don't like it?" A scowl sits intimidatingly on her tan face, obviously disgusted with my presence.

"It doesn't fit," I lie.

Maybe she believed me or maybe she didn't, or maybe she just wanted me out her hair; whichever it was made her accept my return with no questions asked.
It was a quiet exchange, besides the rustling of other shoppers inside the store.

Once I checked my online banking account to make sure the money was there, I finally breathe a sigh of relief; that would be the last time I let anyone talk me into buying anything over one hundred dollars.

After class I rushed over here, having no time to grab something to eat from the cafeteria; and if I left to make the several minute drive back to campus, I was sure I'd crash from hunger.

Well, not really, but still.

I quickly make my way towards the food court, heading to grab a six-inch from Subway. Toasted bread and jalapeños waft through the air, doing nothing to appease my hunger. The gentle noise from the water fountain calms all previous tension while urging me to flip a penny inside it like I used to do when I was a kid.

Thankfully, the line here was bearable as I stood behind a portly woman, awaiting my turn.

"One tofu six-inch with honey mustard and bell peppers!" A curt employee bellows.

There was a brown skinned girl beside me with waist length mahogany hair that matched her eyes and slim legs. She seemed quiet but confident, I could tell by her defiant stance.

"Whoever ordered that must also eat grass for dinner huh?" I joke in attempt to start conversation.

She looks at me as a smile cracks her face.

"I bet they don't drink water either, they probably just gulp oxygen when they're thirsty," she chuckles back.

I join in the laughter before she excuses herself, leaving me to wait on the sandwich I ordered ten minutes ago. I watch as she scoots around people and makes her way to the cash register, pulling out cash from an exotic fabric wallet.

She proceeds to exchange money for her food, which happens to be a sandwich.
A six-inch tofu with honey mustard and bell pepper sandwich.

KILL. ME. NOW.

The girl retrieves her meal and returns to her spot beside me, wearing a knowing smirk.

"I'm SO sorry, I didn't know that was yours," I babble.

She laughs. "Calm down will you? I know a joke when I hear one. I'm Ishika by the way," she sticks out her hand in greeting.

"Everly." I'm too embarrassed to say more.

"It was nice meeting you Everly. I've seen you around school with that basketball player's daughter before. We should hangout sometime," she says while walking backwards.

"But how will I-"

"I love to read!" That was the last thing I heard before she disappears around a corner.

The curt employee finally calls out my order.

***

Once inside my room, the bed beckons to me but I ignore it, keen on finding something to relax the sudden tension I'm feeling.

It wasn't a bad tension, like someone was waiting behind a few shrubs to pounce on me at any minute; no.
It was something more like an itch I had no way of scratching, drinking a cool glass of fresh water only to find out my tongue was still dry.

Kennedy was off to one of her drama classes, leaving me all to myself for the next hour or so.
My bag connects with the grey shag carpet in the sitting area of the room, followed by my coat, then my sundress.

Although I had a hard time seeing other people in less than their outerwear, I had no hesitation stripping down to my delicates to lounge on the couch.
The remote is hard against my palm, digging into my skin almost as I clutch it within my grasp.

If I was going to do this I needed to be quick.

The channel I was looking for was located among the nine hundreds, and after finding it, I was disappointed to see that it needed to be bought before watching.
No way was I going to risk buying a channel like this, only to have my grandparents find out about it as the monthly bill came.

Instead, I reach for my phone, finding the Twitter app among my recents. The page I was looking for was also speedily available, what with all the times I've searched it.
Straightway, my screen fills up with paused videos of naked women, kissing and doing all sorts of things to each other.

I lie down, feeling the soft, plush pillow supporting my back as one hand keeps the phone steady.
My eyes glue to the screen, drinking in every bit of exposed skin lustfully.

I knew for a fact that I wasn't totally into women, but in times like these, they were what I needed to really get that extra push off the ledge if you know what I mean.

With one hand holding the phone, the other travels down my body, curious and playful.
It hovers above my core, waiting for me to choose the right video before continuing on.

Several minutes later and my hand is bringing me heaps of joy, flicking and caressing softly.
The women on my screen kiss each other where I longed to be kissed, further adding to the climax I knew I was reaching.

Once my toes started to curl and my jaw slackens, the wave of ecstasy washes over me while I enjoy each pulse and quiver.

Unfortunately, in the middle of my high the door swings open to reveal an angry faced Ben whose expression immediately changes when he takes in my position.

Half naked, hand in underwear while biting my lip as the sounds of love were still heard from my phone.

Dammit; I'd been caught.