S•E•V•E•N•T•E•E•N

Ishika

The coffee shop on campus was more high maintenance than I actually expected.

Silver mini chandeliers hung from the roof, giving light to a soft grey carpeting. Instead of wooden chairs, there were comfy booths that Rye and I found ourselves in.
Our date this morning put me in a good mood all day.

He asked me about my family, if we still followed the traditional Hindu ways or not; unfortunately for me we did. I was elated to find out that his family, however, did not. He was free to worship whomever, eat whatever; he was living the life.
We bonded over our love of naan and tandoori, a favorite of ours.

"You have to let me make some for you," he offered with that adorable smile.

What girl would say no to that!?

He walked me to the dorm and somehow along the way, his hand slipped in mine. We exchanged numbers and I was left with the goofiest smile; this morning was perfect.

Tara was not in our room when I came so I decided to leave, nowhere in particular to go. "Maybe Everly's free to hangout," I say to myself.

Her room was on the top floor, the biggest of them all. Either she was extremely rich, or extremely lucky because I just knew a room like that didn't just fall in your lap.
Good thing the elevator just stopped on this floor.

As soon as the reflective doors open a girl's face comes into view. She looked Asian, with the darkest hair I've ever seen, ivory skin, and a serious look. She sends a tight lipped smile my way before asking for my floor.

"All the way to the top please," I say kindly.

"Wow, I didn't even know people lived up there," she chuckles.

"Neither did I! I'm visiting a friend; Everly."

"Cool," she says.

The remainder of the ride was spent in a relaxed silence.

"Well, this is me," she points towards the doors.

"It was nice meeting you! I'm Ishika by the way," I tell her just before the doors start to close.

"Mikayla."

The top floor was definitely nicer than the rest. Instead of the plain white tiles we had, their tiles were coral and had complimenting decor on the walls. Even the air smelled nicer, if that was possible.

There were about four rooms on the floor but I remember Everly telling me she was the second door on the right. I knock politely and wait, hoping she was home. After several seconds the door cracks and a smiling blond answers the door.

"Hey! What's up?"Everly greets.

"Just wanted to hang really, got nothing else to do," I shrug.

She pulls me inside, probably excited for the company.

"Wow," I gasp, taking in her living space.

Fluffy grey carpet lined the floor, beside Everly's and who I guessed was her roommate's bed. They had two couches, a flat screen tv, and a rectangular coffee table in their living room. Heck, I didn't even have a living room in my dorm!

Their kitchenette was furnished with a black and decker fridge and stove, everything looked sterilized and extremely clean. Yup, Everly had to have money, I concluded.

"Your room is amazing!" I tell her awestruck.

"Well, I owe everything to my roommate. She decorates in here."