Breezy and Kassidy

Hello!

This chapter might be kinda (maybe not???) short because it's Father's Day

Hope you enjoy!!

"So, did you two bang yet?"

"Oh my God, just because we're living together doesn't mean we've done the nasty."

"Wait, what the fuck? You're living together? Bitch, that's even more reason to ban-"

"KASSIDY!"

You may have just yelled into your phone, but you were quite happy to have received a call from your best friend. It was quite sudden to leave your hometown and Kassidy all at once, and you often felt quite lonely without her. You wished she was right beside you at all times. Although she seemed sarcastic and fooling around all of the time, she was actually amazing at supporting you.

"What? I'm just bein' honest." You could almost see her smiling as she spoke. "Anyway, you dumbass, why didn't you call me at all? I had to be the one to call you. You were probably too busy banging that amazing teeth, perfect voice handsome man."

"Kassidy, I swear, I'm going to kill you."

"I'd like to see you try, being in LA and all."

You stayed silent, defeated. "You're lucky I love you."

"Haha, you better or I'm driving over there right now to smack some sense into you."

Kassidy was just as you remembered. Her quips and jokes were always good ways to keep your mind off of things. "So, how's Sam?"

"Still working at that coffee shop." Then she gasped loudly, scaring the shit out of you. "I got a job there too! Forgot to tell you! I'll be kicking major ass as a barista."

You laughed, glad your fear was for nothing. "And Alice?"

Kassidy sighed. "Also has her hands full at this coffee shop. I swear, she takes it so seriously. I wish the girl would take a break every now and then to de-stress and shit. Never thought I would say this, but she's a really nice girl and I'm pretty worried for her."

You frowned a bit. "Overworking herself, I see."

"Yep. She's pretty worried about the rumors spreading around about you and your man. Doesn't like all the negativity. But her curls are still on point. I swear, she could kill a man with those."

You laughed at the joke but forced yourself to remain serious. After all, you were worried for Alice, too. "Does she want to talk to Brendon?"

"I think so, but she's too busy working to do it."

"Tell her to contact me later. I want her to know everything's fine."

Kassidy made a noise of acknowledgement. "Oh, I gotta go to work or my ass will quite literally get kicked by Sam. See you later!"

Before you could answer she already hung up. "God, that girl. . ."

You thought you had no one else to talk to when the doorbell rang throughout the house.

Running downstairs, you quickly slipped on some socks to seem more presentable and threw open the door, only to see Breezy standing there with a worried expression.

"Um, come on in." You stepped aside to let her through and led her to the living room so you could both sit down.

She stared down at her hands for a brief moment before letting out the words "I am so sorry."

You stared at her quizzically. "What do you mean?"

Breezy glanced around. "First, is Brendon here?"

"He's out at the studio." You shook your head.

"I guess I'll have to talk to you without him here, but please do let him know."

You nodded and waited for her to continue. Her breathing became uneven as her hands shifted and her expression changed.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have posted that photo. God, I know online harassment happens a lot, but I can't help but think this is because of me."

"Wait, Breezy." You stared her up and down. She seemed nervous, upset, and, more than anything, guilty. "It was bound to happen either way. It wasn't your fault at all. It's no one's fault."

"But," she stood, worked up, "people have started going too far. Researching you. Trying to find every possible detail. They've put together that he met you at a show, put together that you met a lot in [hometown], and now know almost everything about you. Unwarranted background checks, [y/n]. It started with the photo I posted."

You hadn't known it had gone that far. The time spent on your phone was lessening after the harassment as you tried your best to avoid the situation. But that seemed to make you more ignorant and more of a target. "Breezy, really, you're not to blame."

She sat down now, distressed. "I'm sorry, but I just get the feeling that someone has to be at fault, and the more I think about it, that someone always seems to be me."

You had never, in your years of following her social media and learning about her and Dallon, had heard of her acting this way. She was extremely compassionate to you: someone she had only met once. She was. . . amazing, to say the least. But she was upset for the wrong reason.

"I don't exactly want to blame anyone," you closed your eyes, sighing and thinking over your next sentence. "But if I had to, it definitely wouldn't be you. Maybe it's everyone who's doing the harassing who's at fault for not analyzing the situation? Or maybe it's mine for not being careful or sensitive enough to the media."

"No, that where you're wrong, [y/n]. You're the one being harassed. Never is it the fault of the victim."

Smiling at her, you walked into the kitchen to get her a glass of water. As you set down the glass in front of her and sat next to her in one motion, she did something unexpected: hugged you.

"Call me if you need anything. Seriously, I don't care who's fault it is anymore. I want to make this stop. Brendon has my number."

Nodding, you hugged her back. "I will, Breezy, thank you. You're the best."

The door opened behind the two of you, interrupting your moment, and Brendon walked inside. As soon as he did, though, he halted in his steps, obviously not expecting Breezy to be sitting on his couch. She stood up and he walked over to her.

"Breezy, good to see you." He gave her a brief hug.

"You too, Brendon."

He smiled at her knowingly with a hint of sadness. Without asking, it seemed he knew the reason for her presence.

Breezy left as suddenly as she came, giving her goodbyes to you and Brendon, and reminding you, again, to call her.

After the door closed behind her, Brendon stood facing straight ahead of him, his eyes closed, and he reached out to grab your hand.

"It's all going to be okay," you whispered and he shook his head up and down without a change to his grim expression.

You could almost hear him doubting your statement. You could almost feel him wanting desperately for everything to pass.

But most importantly, it seemed as though every reminder of what was going on drove him to be more and more angry.

Yeet.

Hope you enjoyed and Happy Father's Day!!