Zack's Concerns

Updating early because I'm going out of town.

Going to see panic! on the way <3

Brendon led you out to the car as quickly as he could, leaving Zack inside to check out, promising to pay him back later.

He slid into the back seat, urging you to do so as well.

"What? What happened?"

You exhaled slowly and steadily, but before you could explain, Brendon noticed the blaring red spot on your cheek.

He was the angriest you'd ever seen a person be. His eyes reminded you of a vengeful fire, and his hands clenched, gripping at nothing in particular. "Who the fuck touched you?"

"No, Bren." You tried your best to calm him down, massaging his hand, speaking softly, and even going the extra mile to lay your head on his shoulder. "You need to calm down first. They're not here right now, so there's no immediate danger."

Your tactics seemed to help but barely. "I'll repeat myself," he seethed. "Who. The. Fuck. Touched. You."

Trying to make light of the situation, you joked. "Hey, mister, we don't use that word." Brendon when he was angry scared you: he had deep motivation and intent to do whatever was on his mind.

And you didn't want to even think about what was on his mind.

"[Y/n], goddammit, you're hurt, and that's not a trivial ass matter."

That was something you liked about Brendon: he had zero tolerance for people hurting others. If someone he cared about—whether it was his fan, his family, or a friend—was hurt by another, he'd absolutely call the person out. But that was also intimidating.

"Bren, please. It's okay now." You tilted you head up to kiss his cheek. "For now you need to calm down. We can figure it out later, okay?"

He sighed, and you could tell he was distressed. His body was telling him to go out and kick someone's ass, but his mind was telling him that that would only cause more issues. It needed to be handled in a different way.

Brendon began to stroke your hair and moved his free arm to wrap around your body, his hand resting on the small of your back. His actions were a definite sign of his protective nature, the way he held you tight and didn't want to let go.

And you felt safe in his arms. Felt as though no one could hurt you as long as he was holding you.

Which was probably true, since he would beat the living shit out of them before they could get to you.

Your moment was interrupted by Zack knocking on the glass of the window. Brendon let go, much to your disappointment, and opened the door.

"Get out here and help me get this stuff into the car."

You all managed to load the food items in the car, Brendon noticeably more stiff than usual.

"Now, you better pay me back, Brendon. All of that coffee was expensive."

Brendon let out a soft chuckled. "I promise."

The first half of the car ride was hushed, still even. No one spoke, and you were starting to get nervous. Tension built with every growing second.

"So," Zack started, his voice calm. His body was at ease, no signs of being upset or anxious. "What happened exactly, [y/n]?"

You recollected what happened in your mind, then began to think. A little too hard. You hadn't answered the girls, so maybe it was your fault. Possibly. Every part of you was trying to find some way to make it your fault.

"We need to sort this out to see what we need to do next."

You nodded and gathered the courage to talk about the incident. It seemed strange to you, as it was just a slap. It wasn't a first fight or a full blown traumatic ordeal.

But somehow, with Brendon so close to you, the situation seemed a little too close to home.

"I was in the restroom with some girls. They were talking to me, and I wasn't sure how to respond." Brendon listened intently, his eyes begging you to continue. "And when I didn't answer, she slapped me."

"What a fucking asshole," Brendon breathed out.

"Brendon." Zack curtly stopped him from talking any further.

Brendon obliged, grabbing your hand and squeezing.

"So you didn't provoke her?"

You looked at Zack, his demeanor still calm. "I don't think so. They were yelling at me for not answering, so I told them it's because they wouldn't let me talk."

Surprisingly, Brendon managed to calm down. His grip on your hand relaxed as he closed his eyes, breathing slowly.

"There's not much I could have done," Zack stated. "I'm not a female, so I can't go into the ladies' restroom." He laughed. "I could put on some makeup and wear pigtails and see how that goes."

Giggling, you lifted a hand up to your mouth. "No, I don't think that would work."

Zack sighed and ran a hand over his chin. "I do have a solution, though."

Brendon perked up.

"Although it won't put a stop to anything, it will help."

Brendon seemed eager for him to continue. "Go on."

"You need a female bodyguard."

Hope you guys enjoyed! I'll update Sweetheart later today <3

How many people can we get to scream "Fuck is a Bad Word" at panic concerts?"

Please comment, vote, or share if you liked this chapter! Love all of you