Grocery Store

"Road trip!" Brendon yelled as soon as Zack arrived the next morning and hopped in the driver's seat of his car, bouncing up and down lightly like a small child.

Zack looked at you with worry. "I thought we were just going grocery shopping?"

"Oh, don't worry, we are. He's just a dork." You smiled at Zack who laughed in response.

Opening the driver's door, Zack began to pull Brendon out. "I'm driving. If you drive you're going to take us everywhere but the grocery store."

Brendon pouted and plopped himself in the back seat, refusing to buckle up.

"Oh no, he's throwing a tantrum." You climbed in the back and attempted to buckle him up yourself, but he smacked your hand away.

You stared the large body guard right in the eye, fear present on your features and whispered "Zack, get the snacks."

The next ten minutes consisted of you trying to feed Brendon Cheetos and Chex mix, neither working or persuading him to calm down.

"Brendon-"

"No!"

"Brendon, please."

"No, I don't wanna!"

You sighed and reached across him to make yet another attempt at buckling him in his seat, but he grabbed your wrist and pulled you to him in a hug.

You heard him let out a soft laugh. "It's draining to put up that act."

"Not just for you, dingus. It's draining for everyone."

He finally got himself situated and buckled in his seat, and you sat yourself in the passenger seat. Brendon looked like a child all alone in the back, his legs uncomfortable as he was too tall for his position.

The car drove smoothly and steadily, and you were surprised with how good a driver Zack was. He avoided pot holes with ease and his speed was constant and never jerky.

He seemed to notice your impressed expression and mumbled a quick "I always gotta drive that guy around, so I've gotten a lot of practice."

It wasn't long before you arrived at the large shopping facility, people of all different types looking around for their everyday needs. Foods to feed the children, snacks for the college kids, and cakes for the birthdays.

However, Brendon headed right for the cereal. "We need some more goddamn Fruit Loops."

"Language!" Zack yelled and covered your ears jokingly.

You laughed and pulled his hands off. "I'm a big girl, Zack. I can take it."

Brendon grabbed his Fruit Loops—two boxes, just in case you decided to throw another one at him—and led you down a bunch of isles, grabbing whatever he wanted and throwing it in the shopping cart. How did he get the shopping cart without you noticing? Not sure, but he must be a ninja.

Some non-aging vampire ninja.

You swiftly made sure Brendon turned into the coffee and tea isle and grabbed almost everything off the shelves because you "wanted to try it".

Everything was going well, and no one came along to break the peace. All there was was good times, laughs, and fun.

You never thought grocery shopping would be one of the best memories of your life, but Brendon made it happen.

Days were always better with Brendon. Even when you worked at the cafe, everyday Brendon came was a good day. Anytime he texted you was refreshing, and hearing his voice kept you going.

But you knew your love for Brendon made people upset. You could tell that much, especially when you went to the restroom and two teenaged girls followed you in. At first it seemed they were there to do their business and leave, but they never went in a stall.

You went in, did what you needed to do, and washed your hands. The girls seemed to be exchanging silent glances at each other and watching your every move. It made you feel self conscious and scared, but you tried your best to hurry back out to Zack and Brendon and push your bad feelings aside.

It was too late, however, when they called out to you and asked to talk.

"Um, hi. Can I help you?" You said, wringing your hands together to try to make up for the poor drying job you managed to do in a time crunch.

"No, we just wanted to ask something. Like, are you the girl with Brendon?"

You didn't exactly want to answer. You weren't sure how it would go if you told the truth or if you lied. Not aware of their intentions, you didn't let out a peep.

The other female joined in on the mini interrogation. "Are you his girlfriend or something?"

You continued to weigh your options in your head, your possible replies never making it to your lips.

"We asked you a question, you know." The first girl, a red head with a few freckles, put a hand on her hip and let irritation spread out on her features. "You're being really rude. We didn't have anything against you, why are you so scared?"

You weren't sure how to respond to her angry demeanor, but were frightened of what would happen if you tried to walk out on them. "Well, I. . ."

"There we go!" The second girl was a brunette, her shiny locks up in a ponytail. "So, now that we know you aren't mute, what's the hold up with answering us?"

It was your turn to let out an irritated sigh. "It's because you aren't giving me a chance to reply and immediately assuming a negative connotation."

The red head's shock and aggravation grew. "Okay, I wasn't going to assume anything like everyone else was, but now I know for sure you're a bitch."

"I'm, uh, going to go." You turned on your heel, planning to rush out to safety, but the brunette raised her palm and stuck your cheek.

"What the actual hell? You just ignored us, dodged our questions, gave us a nasty insult, and now you're going to leave without an apology?" Her pony tail was still swinging from the force of her impact, her tone more upset than you'd ever heard anyone be for, probably, the most petty reason.

The red head giggled. "Hey, is Brendon out there? Maybe I can try being an asshole and win him over, too."

"I-I'm sorry!" You resorted to running out, not wanting to fight back in fear of the consequences: physical, emotional, and whatever they'd say online.

Brendon and Zack saw your haste and flooded you with worried questions and statements.

All you could manage to get out was "I have to leave, now."

Eep Twenty One Pilots is off hiatus and I'm pumped.

Love my boys Tyler and Josh.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! I'll see you Sunday <3