Caffeinated Morning

The next day, Kassidy wasn't as chipper as usual. She hadn't had her coffee yet, and Sam had accidentally fallen asleep with most of his body weight on her.

She tried screaming, but he didn't wake up. She tried to push him off, but somehow, with her massive muscles, she wasn't able to.

Even kicking did nothing to wake him.

And so, she tried all techniques at once.

Kicking him, pushing him, and screaming like a maniac successfully woke him in a matter of seconds. He jumped up, startled, to which Kassidy responded by sitting up and walking to get coffee in the kitchen, expressionless. Confused, dizzy, and tired, he followed her.

"Why am I here?" He asked, rubbing his head.

"You came over last night to watch a movie and passed out."

Sam looked to the side as if trying to recall it.

Kassidy grinned. "Wow, old man Sam. You're not even drunk and your popsicle brain can't even remember."

He laughed nervously. "Long week."

Spinning around, Kassidy prepared the coffee. Sam watched her put the ground coffee, water, and pot all in their respective spots while still twirling around and around.

"You. . ." She twirled. "Won't. . ." Another twirl. "Be tired. . ." Twirl. "If you drink coffee. . ."

He cocked his head to the side. "Is that so?"

She planted both her feet on the ground. "There's no such thing as 'long weeks' in Kassidy land. Just more coffee."

"Is that so?"

"You just said that."

". . . Is that so?"

Running to her cabinet, pulling out a cutting board, and running back over, she proceeded to chase him, death as a threat. "BLOND MAN I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR DISOBEDIENCE."

After a few moments of being chased around and feeling true, raw fear, Sam stopped running and caught the cutting board in her hand and held her back by her shoulder with the other. She proceeded to run without actually moving.

Kassidy stared up at him. "What. . . ?" She continued to try to run, but as fast as her legs went, she was still stopped by Sam.

"The coffee's ready."

With that, she immediately dropped the cutting board and ran over to the coffee machine. "Yesssssss." Pouring two cups, hers significantly larger than Sam's, she sat down at her kitchen table and bounced up and down, excited for her morning caffeine.

"Well, it seems you're. . . enthusiastic." He slowly walked over and sat down in front of her.

"Shouldn't you be, too?"

He let out a soft laugh through his nose.

"Coffee makes me happy," she said. "It gets me going in the morning even when I'm tired. It gives me energy when I'm depressed."

"Kassidy? Depressed? Is that an oxymoron?"

Kassidy grinned, all teeth. "I'm only depressed when I don't have coffee."

Sam laughed nervously.

And so, the morning passed and the coffee was downed like shots. Kassidy was certain Sam could drink almost as much coffee as she could. . . Almost.

To her surprise, and happiness, the words Sam uttered before he left were "We should do this again."

Awwwww.

Thanks for reading!!