Sam 'n Bren

2K FOLLOWERS THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Leave a comment with suggestions about what I should do to celebrate!!

"Brendon, I don't want to cut off the guy forever! He's still my friend!" You yelled at Brendon whose finger was hovering over the 'block' button on Sam's contact.

Brendon sighed. "You're right. He's a good guy, and I do like him, buuuuut—"

His finger was getting awfully close to the button.

"You know I can just unblock him if you do that, Brendon."

"Ugh," he handed you back your phone. "Next time I'll try to delete the contact."

"I can recover it," you stuck your tongue out. "Plus, he can still send me messages like that.

Brendon took both of your hands in his. "Well, I think it's time to give you the talk."

"What talk?"

"You know, the talk?"

"No. What talk?"

Brendon shook his head. "Maybe Sam actually really does like you, and he's not just caught up in his past feelings. It's possible that he likes both you and Kassidy at the same time."

"I don't think he does genuinely like me, though. I can ask Kassidy, but from what she's told me, he's totally in love with her."

"But you don't spend much time with him, so how will you know for sure that he's not in love with you?"

You glanced at your feet. "You're right."

"What evidence are you going off of? I trust you, hun. I just want to know so I can understand."

"Well, he lost his feelings for me almost entirely before I left. He kind of went back to how he did when we were just friends. But now all of the affection has rekindled when he met me again after being separated."

Brendon nodded. "Maybe it's one of those situations where he wants what he knows he can't have and it makes him want it even more."

You and Brendon stood there for a moment, no words spoken. Your hands were still clasped together.

"[y/n], I don't know much, so maybe talking to Louise will help. Tell me if you need anything regarding it."

Brendon led you to his room where he plopped down and stretched.

"Why did you take me with you?" You asked, feeling quite concerned that he led you to the bedroom just so you could watch him stretch.

"Oh? To be honest I kind of forgot to let go of your hand. It's just super warm."

(This is the one time I'd put an author's note in the middle of a chapter, but jokes on you, Brendon, my fingers are icicles)

You blushed a little and laughed. "Well, I think I know what could help this situation a little."

"What's that?"

"A little three-way chat between Lu, Kassidy, and I."

Brendon sat up in a panic. "Are you going to invite Kassidy over?!"

You shook your head. "No, I'm going to invite Louise over and video call Kass, dumbass."

He shivered. "Thank GOD."

To this day you still didn't know what was up with the beef between Brendon and Kassidy.

Quickly, you called Lu and asked her to come over.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked as soon as she stepped through the door. To be fair, you didn't explain much over the phone.

"I need your help. Girl problem."

You quickly explained the whole situation to Lu who nodded at almost every sentence.

"Want me to call Brendon?"

"No."

"Want me to call Zack?"

"No!"

"Want me to go down there myself?"

"Definitely not!"

You could recall the same thing happening with Brendon the night before. You were starting to feel like Lu and Brendon had some weird, close connection in another life.

"Anyway," you started, "I'm going to video call Kassidy and we're all going to talk about our opinions on the matter and what to do."

You opened up your phone and began video calling Kassidy. The first call was a no-show. The second call took a while, but she did answer.

In Sam's apartment. With wet hair.

"Hey, sorry. I was in the shower."

You stared her down with surprise. "In Sam's apartment?"

She seemed to pick up on what I was insinuating. "The fucker spilled coffee on me, alright? Was I supposed absorb the caffeinated nutrients through my scaly lizard skin?"

You giggled. "Uhuh. Of course that's what happened."

Kassidy gagged. "The guy's 'disco stick' is probably 2cm long, let's be honest here."

Your eyes widened and you cracked up. "Kassidy!"

Lu shook her head. "Okay, down to business."

"Yes ma'am," Kass saluted. "For what duty have I been summoned today?"

"Um," you began, "it's about Sam."

Guys I finished my baby bottle pop and im really sad. I sound like a two-year-old jfc