What The Fuck is Going On

I'm back y'all

I can't focus so this chapter's going to be absolutely marvelous.

"Come on, come on!" Kassidy pulled you through two wide open doors, slamming them in the face of Brendon as he slowly walked after you.

Zack laughed as Brendon was smacked right in the cheek, leaving a bright red mark that he rubbed to soothe.

"Hey, um, Kassidy? Where are we even going?" Brendon continued to walk as if nothing had happened. He knew Kassidy would have no reaction even if he said something about it.

She turned around to acknowledge him with a toothy smile. "To have some fun, tomato cheek."

Your mouth fell agape. "That's the most normal insult to ever come out of your mouth."

"Eh," she waved it off, "don't get used to it."

Louise and Zack exchanged glances before shrugging and following.

Kassidy skipped into the building that almost seemed to glow neon. The stickers on the walls gave a childish ambience and the teenaged employees with bored faces didn't help relieve any concerns.

"I brought you to have some fun!"

"What kind of fun?" Louise asked.

Kass winked. "The special kind."

Still not answering any questions with legitimate answers, she danced around and fell on top of an arcade game, propping her head up with her hand and crossing her legs, raising her eyebrows. "You like jazz?"

"Kassidy Anne Krueger! I did not raise you to be like this," you pulled her ear lightly, but fell out of character and giggled.

Zack stepped around the large space. "I see you've taken us to a place with an arcade and. . ." He looked around, examining the area, "a laser tag arena?"

Kassidy leaned her arm on his shoulder and rested there, all her weight now on him. He stiffened to account for her. "Yes, indeed, tall man. But as much as I wanna beat all of you in laser tag, I know Louise will kick everyone's ass. So we're not doing that."

Louise gave a slight smile and shook her head.

"Instead, I'm going to beat all of you diseased copepods in the arcade."

"Now that's a Kassidy insult," you whispered.

Brendon gave a wry smile to her, preparing himself for battle. "Not diseased yet, coffee fanatic."

There seemed to be a shock of competition between them as they both smirked at each other and then, in a moment of synchronization, shot off in two different directions.

You looked to Zack and Louise with an incredulous stare to which they returned.

"I thought Kass was just gonna take us out to get some coffee," you shook your head, trying to process anything possible, "but now her and Brendon are going to kill each other before either of them wins this."

Despite being surrounded by what seemed like hundreds of unused machines, Brendon and Kassidy were fighting over the same game. They were shoving each other, determined to be the one to shove their token in the slot before the other.

"If only all these games were multiplayer," Louise snickered and crossed her arms. "This is quite amusing, though."

Zack nodded in agreement. "Doesn't seem like we have to do much today, either. Not many people around."

"Oh, trust me. This isn't the last place Kass will drag us to today." You knew your friend well enough for that, at least.

Zack sighed. "Of course."

Louise picked up her feet and stuck her hands in her pockets, making her way with slow steps to the chaotic scene. "Well, come on. It'll be fun."

Both Zack and you knew, for sure, it was going to be interesting.

And that's for sure.

Knowing you had a lot more in store than what was currently presented, you trudged on, a long chain of events awaiting you.

Hope you liked it. Next chapter will pick up where this one left off.

Love you