Chapter 3

When I first stepped in, I closed my eyes and the door before turning around. The smell of fresh strawberries and vanilla came up and filled my nose. I inhaled deeply, it smelled amazing. I slowly opened my eyes and had to let them adjust to the minimal light. He had lit just about twenty candles around the bath tub that flickered and created a wonderfully romantic lighting to the room. I looked at the path of rose petals that led to the tub and almost ran back out to tell him how perfect it all was. I glanced at the tub itself and saw a blanket of bubbles on the surface of the water. How did he know I love bubbles? I slowly started getting undressed and climbed in, at first pulling away at the touch of the warm water, but then climbing all the way in and letting the water wrap me in it's warm hold.

        I darted my eyes around at the candles and found that they were the source of the vanilla smell, but it took me a second to realize the bubbles added the strawberry touch to it all. I slowly sank down further into the bubbled sanctuary and noticed a glass of yellow hued liquid with a note by the base of it. I reached out for it and made sure my hands were relatively dry before grabbing the card.

        “Enjoy the wine sweetheart.”

        I smiled widely at his note and laid the card back down. I picked up the glass and took in the aroma of the fruity drink before savoring the first sip. I sunk into the bath more and was able to relax for the first time all week.