Chapter 13

Christa

        The air gave me a chill when we stopped outside of the limo. I heard Pete and Jamie both calling goodbyes out to the guests that we still grabbing their things behind us. I craned my head around to look and see if they were outside already when Patrick pulled on my hand. I turned to see him crouching in the doorway of the limo. It was funny seeing his tiny frame crunched up in an even smaller size. I giggled and allowed him to pull me into the oddly spacious vehicle and onto the farthest couch. He laid down and held his arms open for me to join him. I considered it for a second but ended up joining him and resting my head on his chest while my arms wrapped under his shoulders.

        “Tonight was perfect.” He whispered to keep the calm of the scene and twirled a piece of my hair in his fingers. I just hummed in response and buried my face into his chest. He was wearing my favorite cologne again and I sank into his warm body even more. He started humming a tune I didn't recognize and I stayed still, just taking in his soothing voice.

        “Hey you lovebirds, keep the baby making to the bedroom.” Brendon came onto the limo and winked at us when we sprang up from the lying position we'd been in. Following him was Sarah, Pete, Meagan, Jamie, and Joe. I smiled at everyone and was handed a glass of wine almost immediately. I took a sip and realized that when Brendon mentioned 'baby making', Patrick had gone into deep thought for a second while everyone was piling in.

        What was he considering?

        “Let's all have a toast! To the newlyweds!” Everyone raised their glasses and I followed them. Sarah turned to Patrick and I and smiled. “May they always find happiness.”

        “And booze.” Pete winked at us before everyone started cracking up. We all pretty much just drank, laughed, and Pete even took a swing on the small dance floor before he fell over. It was oddly chill even with all the flashing lights and music blasting. We all sang “Don't Stop Believing” before dropping the others at their hotel as the grand finale to the night. Of course I sounded horrible and stopped after the first verse, but Brendon and Patrick were singing the loudest out of everyone and it sounded heavenly. Then it stopped and everyone gave us one last hug, pat on the back, and goodbye before leaving Patrick and I alone together.

        “So, that was fun.” He put his glass down on the wall between the window and the couch and stared at me.

        “Yeah, it really was. All of tonight was.” I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

        “So...” He started saying something, but trailed off. I looked at him, a little worried. “When Brendon talked about babies earlier, it got me wondering...What are your thoughts on kids?” He smiled deeply at me and I finally processed what he was hinting at.

        “I love children.” I leaned in to kiss him and he pressed his hand in between my shoulder blades to hold me there.

        I know where this is going.