Chapter 5

Christa

        Before I even opened my eyes I knew Patrick was gone; the bed was way too large and I was extremely cold. I sleepily opened my eyes and confirmed my assumption to be true. I glanced at the clock on our bedside table and saw it was almost noon.

        Luckily I don't have to work today.

        I rolled over to the edge of the bed and put on my glasses. I didn't really need them, but I still wore them so my vision didn't get to the point where I couldn't see without them. I pushed myself off the bed, used the restroom, and made my way downstairs in search of Patrick. I checked the office/recording studio, no sign of him. I checked the second bathroom, nope. I checked the kitchen, not in here. I checked the whole house and there was nothing else alive but me in here. I got hit with a feeling of loneliness.

        Happy anniversary to me...

        I plopped down onto the couch and tugged on one of the jackets I'd left here the night before. I felt something collide with my hip bone when I flung it on and pulled out my phone to reveal that I had a message. I quickly opened it up and let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was from Patrick.

        “Hey baby, emergency band meet. Be back at two. Love you xox.”

        I didn't even bother messaging him back. I know if I message him while he was busy with Fall Out Boy stuff, he wouldn't reply until after it was all over. So, two? I have two hours to kill... I went upstairs to change into my black skinny jeans and boots, not even bothering to switch out his t-shirt with one of mine, it smelled like him and I loved it. I grabbed the keys from the kitchen counter and decided what I was going to do.

        Go get lunch, go look around the mall for some new clothes for Patrick, and then go get Penny. I headed out the door and noticed that the heavy snow had given way to a light blanket of snow on the ground with partly cloudy skies threatening to add more. I calmly walked over to my car and sighed before starting the car.

        What is the meet about? I mean, they saw each other just yesterday...