Chapter 12

Patrick

        It's been eleven months since I proposed to Christa and today was finally the big day. We'd booked a venue at a rose garden and the sun was supposed to set when she was to walk down the aisle. I was so glad we got to plan out the venue, decorations, and guest list before I had to run to do a ton of festivals and concerts with Fall Out Boy, including Pete's whole 'Monumentour' thing. Never thought we'd actually do it. All the time we were on it, I couldn't wait to get home to my one and only and finally make it official that she was mine.

        “Hey 'Trick, you nervous?” Pete came up beside me and offered me a glass of water. He was my best man and I couldn't imagine asking anyone else to take his spot. I was kind of confused as to why he'd ask me such a question that had such an obvious answer though.

        “Of course Pete, who wouldn't be?” I took a sip of the water and stared down at the glass, watching the water ripple as my hand shook.

        He chuckled and gave me a pat on the back before taking a gulp of his water. “Well, better put all those nerves away, because you're supposed to walk down the aisle in a minute.” I looked at him shocked.

        One minute?!

        I jumped up, spilling the water onto the floor and my boots in the process, and took time to calmly set the glass down.

        “Don't worry buddy. You're both meant for each other and this will just make sure everyone knows.” He gave me a huge smile before shoving me a bit towards the door. “Now go get ready!” I crashed my way through the doorway and regained my balance right in time to be face to face with the wedding planner. She held out her hands to brace for the impact that could happen and smiled when she realized I wasn't going to plow into her. I had to look up to meet her gleaming eyes since she wore six inch heels that caused her already tall stature to tower above me. I offered her a smile. She stood there with her hands out on either side of me, just gawking at me in silence. It was flattering and I felt a blush creep up onto my face. After a while, she opened her mouth to say something, but with a quick raise of her hand to her headset, closed it and motioned for me to follow her.

        We walked down a hallway for quite a bit until we reached the large doorway leading out to the garden. We hid behind the corner, out of sight from the guests, and she fixed my bow tie before getting one last look at me.

        “Great job Patrick, now go get 'em.” She squeezed my shoulders before turning me to the exit. I walked just to the edge of the wall and adjusted my coat before taking a deep breath.

         Here we go.

        I took proud strides down the aisle. I glanced around to make sure everything was just as Christa and I imagined; the roses were all in mid bloom and full, the aisle was decorated with a path of white fabric that reflected the sky, and the sun was just starting to set and created a mixture of pink and orange hues in the normal blue just as I had planned. It was all perfect.

        The background music that had started when I appeared suddenly picked up and I turned to see Pete walk down the aisle with Meagan, both wearing matching red. Next came Christa's best friend, to the point of almost being sisters, Jamie and her boyfriend following in their steps, both modeling orange. Next came Joe and his wife Marie, in yellow. Followed by Andy and his girl Alaina wearing a very pretty green which was a mix between a lime and mint shades. My vision started getting blurry and I felt myself start to sweat as the last two pairs of bridesmaids and groomsmen made their way up towards the alter. I blinked rapidly to stop the tears from escaping before I got a clear look at my bride.