Chapter 4

Patrick

        I'm so glad she went into the bath without much protest. I had been planning on coming home in time for our anniversary since the first day of tour. I needed to repay her for always being there for me even if I wasn't physically there.

        I love her.

        I recalled the first date we had; I remember the giant smile that dawned her face when I asked the teller for two tickets to the Avengers. She had brought it up the week before in a conversation about T.V. with one of the clerks at the store we were shopping at and I heard her, so I figured it'd be nostalgic to watch it again so we could relive the wonderful memory. I waltzed out the door and down the stairs of the house to reach the rack of movies we'd collected over the past couple years. I dragged my finger over all of them until I got to the very first movie of our collection, the Avengers. I blew off the thin layer of dust that had formed over the spine of the case and ran back up the stairs. She usually takes relatively short baths.

        I popped the movie into the blu-ray player and started it up. At first, it blared sounds of gun shots through the speakers from a preview and I scrambled around to find the remote. Holy smokes. I fumbled with turning the volume down to almost mute and waited there until it reached the main menu. Then I pressed play and paused it immediately so it'd be a surprise. I pulled out some candles and lit them. Mmmm... vanilla. I took a deep breath in and marveled in the growing aroma before walking over to my closet and stripping off my suit. I hastily changed my briefs so I wouldn't be flashing her if she came out and grabbed a black v-neck to change into. I lifted the shirt over my head and noticed Christa standing at the door to the bathroom. I quickly finished changing shirts and turned around to look at her.

        “You look good with out a shirt on... you should ditch it more often.” She smiled shyly at me and I looked her over; she was wearing baby blue shorts that came a little ways above mid thigh and the Fall Out Boy shirt I changed out of earlier. Her hair was shiny and slightly curling from air drying and cascaded down past her shoulders before swooping back to fall behind them. She looked gorgeous. I walked over to her, not even caring I was only in my underwear and shirt since that's how I normally slept, and kissed her passionately.

        After finally pulling away, I pulled her close and spoke quietly in a low voice, “Only for you sweetheart.” I could feel her shiver after I said this and gave her a quick peck on the forehead before jumping onto the bed. She really loves that low voice. I chuckled and pat the bed next to me. She crawled up to me and laid down so she was facing me. I turned to look her directly in the eyes and almost got lost in her beautiful blue eyes that mimicked the sky. I couldn't help leaning in to connect our lips again, it just created a spark inside me and felt so perfect and natural. All her kisses were magical. She was magical. She was perfect.

        I felt her smile into the kiss and pulled away. I didn't want to of course, but I wanted her to be closer. I held my arm out signaling that I wanted her to come closer and she slid right against my body, molding to it perfectly. I took a second to let the perfection sink in before grabbing the remote and playing the movie. I saw her smile widely when she realized what the movie was.

        “You remembered.” She sounded oddly surprised by it.

        “How could I forget the movie I watched on the best date of my life? Even with the many things I have to remember involving Fall Out Boy, I could never forget anything about you. I love you too much.” I stroked her hair and she smiled even wider.

        “I love you too Patrick. This has been a perfect night.” She laid her head onto my chest and we sat there watching the movie in the crisp vanilla air. Finally just after half way through the movie I heard a slight snore escape her lips and looked down to see she was fast asleep. Even her snore is perfect. I flipped the movie off and we were in total darkness considering the overhead fan had blown out all the candles after ten minutes. The moonlight coming from the window allowed me to see everything just fine after my eyes adjusted and I reached for her hand. As soon as I got my hand in hers, I intertwined our fingers and held her hand tightly before passing out myself.