Magnet's Revenge

Chapter 27

"Duck boxers... I can't believe...duck boxers!" Squid exclaimed as he helped me out of my hole the next day. The water truck was about to pull in.

"Yes, duck boxers! You didn't see them?" I told him as we walked to our place in line.

"Of course I saw them! How could I miss them?" I laughed at that shocked look on his face.

"I don't know, Squid. You're you. But I do miss some things..." I winked. Charlie rolled her eyes from behind me. She was offered by Zigzag to go in front of her, which she declined, but then accepted after he gave her a pleading look.

"Yeah... You do. And I do too. Trust me; we're not the most observant people in the world." He chuckled softly and played with my hair. I grabbed the hat off his head and placed it backwards on mine. I smiled as I saw Charlie making gagging faces. Zigzag awkwardly stared at the mountains in the distance.

"You know, I never thought I'd get a boyfriend in a detention facility." I reached up and kissed him softly, and then he deepened the kiss. I can honestly say I didn't even hear the whistles around me. When I started to notice them, I didn't stop kissing Squid... I did, however, start french kissing him. Well, actually, he started it.

"Spare me! Either that or get a room!" Charlie said. I flipped her off throwing the hat at her and continued kissing him, that is, until Squid suddenly pulled away.

"What's up?" I mumbled. Then I noticed Magnet creeping ahead of Zigzag as we moved forwards. "Squid...don't..."

"What the hell are you doing cutting in line?" He growled, letting go of me and advancing towards Magnet. He shoved him back.

"Hey!" Magnet shoved Squid back. This was getting bad.

"Guys don't do this!" Charlie said firmly.

"You have to earn your place in line." Squid said.

"Well Smarts and Ember haven't! Just because she's your little girlfriend and Zigzag has taken a liking to Smarts doesn't mean they get to move up." Magnet sneered. They were head to head and pushing each other back and forth.

"Don't bring her into this-" Squid brought me behind him.

"Oh, yeah so you two can start making out again? I would know all about that..." Magnet said staring at me. Holy shitting fuck! I forgot all about that night...

"Squid please, I can explain..." Squid backed away from Magnet and gripped my shoulders, he was about to ask me but Magnet said just what I didn't want to hear...and more.

"She's a damn good kisser ain't she Squid. That chica's lips are just so soft." Magnet gloated.

"What?" Squid snarled looking at him. All eyes were on me.

"Oh, she didn't tell you about our little session at water duty?" Magnet said. Charlie gasped.

"What? You didn't tell me?" she looked at me. I chewed my lip. Squid threw a punch at Magnet nailing him in the face. Magnet lay sprawled on the floor.

"No, more importantly she didn't tell me..." Squid muttered still not looking at me.

"Squid I really can explain-" I blubbered tears welling in my eyes. He had swiveled around and was giving me a cold expressionless stare.

"I think I know enough." He said and picked up his hat from the ground, pulled it low over his eyes and placed his toothpick in his mouth. Squid grabbed his shovel and stormed towards camp. As he passed me I grabbed his shoulder. He shrugged me off so harshly that I fell to the ground. "Don't talk to me." He continued to walk. I looked up from where I was lying. Zigzag was staring at me then ran after Squid. Charlie glared at me.

"How could you do that to him?" she whispered then went back to her hole. X-Ray, Armpit and Twitch silently walked back to their own. Magnet rubbed his face. Anger swelled in me more than ever before.

"You..." I said as I got up, tears still trickling down my face. "You fucking bastard! Why the hell would you say that! You...y-you..." I slapped him across the face. He winced.

"Ember I'm so sorry, I'll fix it I swear...I don't know what came over me chica." Magnet swore.

"That's not my name...my name is Kat nothing else. And I'll never ever be your chica." I spat. I jumped into my hole, curled up and cried. I heard a stunned Pendanski ask what was going on.