Girl's Gossip

Chapter 4

"You what?" Charlie screeched as I told her what happened the next evening. She went insane.

"Yeah I did! I had sex...just get over it already." I told her this at least ten times. I was sitting in my room lounging sideways on my bed as I watched Charlie pace the room from upside down. Sometimes she was like a mother, except not like my real mother. Charlie paused, shook out her hair from her high ponytail then stood right in front of me.

"Sit up." She commanded. I sighed and rolled over. She sat down next to me. "Now tell me honestly, what did it feel like." I looked up at her and pulled a face.

"Ew, why do you wanna know? I swear you know what it feels like." I stated then placed my head face first on the pillow. It was the best feeling I've had in a long time...way better than that ex of mine... I stuck out my tongue and laughed to myself. He was terrible! Squid was at least ten times better. After a long moment of silence I turned away from the pillow and stared at Charlie. She was staring obliviously out of my round window next to a large mahogany walk in closet, her hands resting on the panes. "Charlie? You have haven't you?" No answer. "Hello? Earth to Char-"

"No. No I haven't okay!" She croaked. Guilt filled me.

"Oh...I'm sorry...I thought that time when we talked in the park that time you said you lost it with Marcus..." I started but there was no use. What I was saying was true! A long time ago, like last year or something, we had one of these conversations as every girl does with their best friend...and I can still clearly remember her saying that she had done it with Marcus (This hot guy in our English class) after I had told her about what me and my ex did. I got up off my bed and walked up next her and stood staring out into the lush garden. I saw the ancient and rickety playground that I used to love. It seemed to sway and creek every time the breeze ruffled the trees near by. Two gardeners were tending to the flower bushes along the fence carefully. They made every brightly faced flower perfectly stand out against the others; they all seemed to be in harmony with each other. My mind flickered to Alice in Wonderland.

"I lied." Charlie whispered, breaking my thoughts. "I wanted to seem up to your...your standard. I didn't want to sound like such a stupid-"

"What standard?" I asked shocked. "I have no standard. Charlie, nothing you say is stupid! Your Smarts aren't you?"

"Yeah, but-"

"To be honest, I'm the one who's stupid. I took you into this mess of a life I had then now look where you are?" I sighed moving back to my bed. "If it wasn't for me you could have had a happier life."

"Look at my life?" She laughed. "I think me life's pretty good at the moment!" She sat down next to me. "Thanks to you, and no, my life with my family would suck..."

"Really?"

"Yeah..."

"So you don't, really hate me for what I've cursed upon you?" I joked.

"No I really, really detest you."

"Oh..." I made a sad faced.

"I was joking!"

"Not funny."

"'Twas, I think..." She winked and got up. "Come on, it's dinner time." And as she predicted, Nana called up to us from downstairs.

"Indeed it is." I laughed, jumped up and raced her down the stairs. Charlie then stopped me at the end.

"What does it feel like?"