~*~ Defying and Deceiving ~*~

3rd November 2009

Bailey’s POV

Although class had started at least two hours ago I wasn’t there. Since the death of my Father I saw no point in learning. Life was just easier living it the way I wanted in numbing the pain and ignoring any extra stress that would be added to my overflowing plate.

Rather than being in school I was sat in the corner of the park along with Jeremy. Most days since his death I had either been at his house or here, letting tablets and powder numb the pain of life.

We had taken all the tablets that we had on us, meaning that reality was rather shaky and not too understandable. The buzz was still there though, which meant the pain wasn’t prominent, it was just weak and controllable, unlike how it was without the tablets.

Jeremy was lying on the ground on his back whilst I laid half on my side half on my back, with my head and shoulder on his chest.

“Are we going to go to school at any point today?” He chuckled running his fingers through my brown hair.

“Probably but we could just stay here,” I shrugged, “I don’t see the point in going there. It’s not like any of them like me and I don’t particularly like them. Also I have no reason to get good grades as I’ll probably be doing this for the rest of eternity.”

“If I don’t go, Elena will realise and then she’ll get Jenna to attempt to be a strict parental figure. You’re lucky your aunt is never around. Why don’t we go to yours to carry on getting high? Your aunt will never realise,” He smiled leaning over me so I could see his dilated pupils and cheesy grin.

I smiled softly hoping the buzz would last a little longer than usual because going to mine wasn’t an option.

“You know we can’t. She’s like a blood hound, she’ll find the smallest bit in the house, and if we smoke, she’ll smell it,” I frowned rolling over so my fore arms were lying on his chest propping my head up in my hands.

“True. Then the only choice is to go to school and hope Elena doesn’t look in our eyes,” He chuckled.

His sister was nice enough I guess, as she was sympathetic like most people in school when they found out about my Father. And it wasn’t like I was being subtle about the drugs but she didn’t know about them, as she thought I was good for Jeremy in stopping him from doing them, but he was the one who got me hooked.

It wasn’t like he peer pressured me or influenced me, I just needed a way of numbing the pain and he was happy to sell me some, meaning I then started to join him more often. Although she trusted me, she was very suspicious of Jeremy, meaning if we went into school she’d probably figure it out, but with such dark eyes naturally she wouldn’t notice.

“Bailey we should get going,” He sighed sitting up slightly.

“Do we have to?” I questioned with a giggle.

He raised an eyebrow, sitting up properly and slightly pushing me off of him so I was lying on the ground.

Standing up he picked me up by my waist so I was standing next to him. I frowned up at him, seen as he was about six inches taller than me.

“Bailey, either way we’re not going to learn, and we only have maths, so it means we can just sit in the back and talk,” He shrugged.

I sighed leaning into his side whilst he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

The walk to our school must have been about ten minutes until we simply walked straight to our maths lesson taking our seats, as the class was just starting.

I was pretty sure I hadn’t listened to one word my maths teacher rambled on about, so as soon as we were allowed to leave Jeremy and I made our way to his house.

The buzz was slowly dying and so was my heart, as it filled with pain. I did my best not to show my sadness, as I knew I could soon mask it when we got to his house.

He opened his front door calling out to Jenna.

“Hey Jeremy, is Bailey with you?” She called back.

“Hi Jenna,” I responded as we made our way straight up the stairs.

We made our way straight to his bedroom closing the door straight behind us. I sat down on the edge of his bed whilst he went and sat at his desk grabbing the tablets from the pot.

Within an hour we were both in our buzzed and high state. This was practically our normal routine since his death, meaning we’d do our best to be high for as long as possible. I was sure he felt the same due to losing his parents a while ago.

“Shall we go to the grill? I’m kind of hungry and I don’t feel like food poisoning from Jenna’s cooking,” Jeremy smiled.

“Sure,” I nodded.

Together we said goodbye to Jenna, and Elena wasn’t home yet so she couldn’t catch Jeremy out for being high.

We made our way to the Grill where most people in the town would spend their boring and ‘small town people’ lives. I resented the concept of being forced to be in this town for the rest of eternity, as very few small town people went anywhere better.

As we entered the grill the first person I saw was Tyler Lockwood talking to Matt Donavon. Personally I didn’t mind Matt, he was a sweet guy and a genuinely nice person but Tyler was practically the opposite. In the simplest terms he was an arsehole. He didn’t care about anyone but himself.

He looked over at Jeremy and me with a smirk. Quickly he made his way across the grill and came over to us.

“So Bailey you decided to come out in public. How about you come back to mine and leave the drug addict here?” He smirked.

“No Tyler. Leave me alone. No matter how up yourself you are, I will pick Jeremy over you even if he’s a drug addict but so am I,” I shrugged with a hiss.

“You’re so hot when you’re angry,” He smirked.

“Back off Tyler, she doesn’t like you,” Jeremy added.

Tyler laughed at us walking away with the smirk still on his face. Jeremy held onto my hand taking me over to one of the booths.

The point of the drugs was to mask the pain, but any conversation with Tyler couldn’t be masked by any sort of drug, no matter how strong.

As we sat down in the booth he smiled warmly before looking down at the menu. It was kind of nice to be friends with someone who only liked me for drugs; they didn’t pry into my business. Granted I like Jeremy more than a friendship but it wasn’t like he needed or wanted to know about what had happened with Tyler, or the truth of how my life deteriorated every moment.