~*~ Mr Saltzman ~*~

6th November 2009

Bailey’s POV

I couldn’t find Jeremy this morning so I got high on my own. This meant I had to sneak into my history lesson, but no one was ever really doing anything so it didn’t matter.

As I reached the classroom I opened the door slowly seeing whoever our teacher of the day was, facing the blackboard, so I hastily made my way to my seat.

“Good morning… Miss Tanner, please stay behind after class, to discuss why you are late,” the teacher said without looking away from the board which he was writing on.

“Okay class. I am Mr Saltzman, but I’d prefer if you called me Alaric and Ric. I am your new history teacher, and I am taking over all of Mr Tanner’s classes,” He stated with a smile.

It was clear already that I didn’t like him. Granted he was probably a nice person but I just didn’t want to like him. I knew my Dad was a horrible person but he was that cool nice teacher, which would mean everyone would forget who my Dad was because Mr Saltzman took over.

I wasn’t really in the mood to pay attention at all during history, not only because I didn’t like Mr Saltzman, but I also didn’t have the attention span to cope with this lesson. For the majority of the lesson I kept my head on the desk and didn’t really listen to anything the teacher said.

As the final bell went we all went to make our way out of the classroom before Mr Saltzman cleared his throat.

“Miss Tanner, where do you think you are going?” He frowned.

I turned on the ball of my feet to walk back to his desk, placing my hands on the hard surface.

“Sorry.”

“So I am guessing you and your boyfriend enjoy getting high, for the thrill. And think that it makes you cool, and that school doesn’t matter. Speaking of which, where is your boyfriend today?” He frowned.

“What? You honestly think that you know me. We met just over an hour ago. Not that it is any of your business; Jeremy isn’t my boyfriend, so I have no idea where he is. And I don’t get high to be cool; I am the most un-cool student you will meet here,” I hissed, “I know you don’t care why I do it, so how about you just keep your nose out of my business and then we’ll get along just fine. You’re just a teacher, and I’m just a student, and all I want is to get out of this hell hole. By no means are you, or will you ever be able to replace my Father,” I shouted at him, running out of the classroom.

I could hear him call after me as I ran out of the classroom and then hastily made my way out of the school.

He definitely didn’t deserve the way I spoke to him but he did need to know how I truly felt. He, even if he didn’t mean to, was trying to be my Dad. True, he never met my Father but, he had his job and was trying to be protective of me.  It was a teachers job to protect his students but to be honest I didn’t need protection; I just wanted to be alone.

Once I was out of the school, I didn’t know where I could go as I didn’t have a home. I lied to Jeremy about living with my aunt. My Dad was an only child, and I didn’t know anything about my Mother’s family. Since he died I had lived on my own in the park.

No one had asked anything about it, and I didn’t want to be put in foster care, so it was just better for me to be on my own, even if it meant I had to live in the park.

It wasn’t the best place to live, it was creepy and cold. Living in a park in November probably wasn’t my smartest move ever, but I had been living here since my Father died.

I had no other choice, than to tell people that I was on my own and that I needed to be put into foster care. I couldn’t even tell Jeremy, that was probably the hardest thing. He was pretty much the only person I spoke to, and I couldn’t be honest with him.

Due to him not being in school today, and he wasn’t in the park, I hadn’t spoken to him since yesterday and I had no idea where he was.

The area of the park I slept in was the area that we’d get high in. This meant I could see if anyone touched my stuff and anyone that came here, didn’t care that I slept here as they were too intoxicated to notice.

When I reached the area I slept in of the park, I looked around to see if anyone was there, and there wasn’t. I pulled my bag from the bush behind the bench. The only stuff I actually owned was in two rucksacks, one for clothes and one for anything else I could grab before I left my family home. Over the top of my two bags, I had a blanket, which was all I had for bedding, and a bench as a bed.

I sat in the corner of the park for a while just taking my surroundings, until the sky began to go dark.

It wasn’t like the park was empty now that it was dark. It just meant all the children and parents were gone, and only the rebellious and trouble makers were still here. I rarely would stay here for this long before I would go to bed, as I would spend most of my time in the afternoon and evening at Jeremy’s house.

By the time it was about eleven I decided it was probably best to attempt to get some sleep. It was earlier than I would usually go to bed but I couldn’t handle the dark void of the park.

I placed my rucksack that didn’t have clothes in back in the bush behind the bench; I then put my rucksack with clothes in at one end of the bench, so I could use it as a pillow. Once my ‘pillow’ was in place I lied down on the bench pulling the blanket over me, hoping for the best.

Just like every night I had slept out here, I fell into sleep with tears trailing down my face.

A/N- Hello, so I have pre-written about six or seven more chapters of this. Would you prefer I uploaded all the chapters I have writte, and upload as I write or have an upload schedule? If you'd like an upload schedule how often would you like me to update, and which other stories would you like me to update often? Also if you'd like to help me sort out a schedule PM me, and comment below which stories you'd like to be updated, Also (last thing I wish to ask) do you like this story? If so what do you like, what do you want to see. I would love to see your honest comments on here rather than 'update'.

Thank you