~*~ Damon Salvatore ~*~

20th February 2010

Bailey’s POV

I had just finished a double shift at the Grill. I was working as many shifts as I could get, so that I could pay Alaric for allowing me to live with him, along with saving some money to be able to afford stuff for the baby. I couldn’t ask Alaric for money, for anything. He was already letting me live with him, and practically provided me with everything I needed. I couldn’t ask him to do anything more.

He didn’t have any biological obligation to take care of me, but he still did never the less. I just wanted to be able to give as much back to him, as he didn’t deserve to be out of pocket as he decided to take in a delinquent child.

Double shifts made my job even less enjoyable. At least for my first shift Matt was working too, but the second no one I spoke to was working.

Although it wasn’t like I had anything better to do; Alaric was out all day, and Jeremy was spending time with Elena seen as they hadn’t really spent time together for a while. Work was really the only thing I could do other than mope around the apartment, which I didn’t particularly want to do. I’d already moped around enough for a lifetime.

Once my second shift was finally over, I decided to eat something at the Grill. It was about dinner time anyway, and I didn’t really want to cook myself dinner tonight, so it was the easiest way to go about it.

I ordered my food, and went to sit in a booth. My food came quickly. I stayed in the booth after I finished my food sipping on my drink, not really wanting to go back to Alaric’s apartment at the moment.

I sat alone for a while, before someone slid into the seat opposite me. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I tried to think who the person was.

I’m pretty sure he was Damon Salvatore. I hadn’t really met him before but I’m sure this was Stefan’s brother. But why he was sat opposite me was completely confusing me.

If this was Damon (and I was pretty sure it was) then he was a vampire. Jeremy had told me Stefan and his brother was vampires. The way Jeremy spoke of them I should fear them, but I kind of didn’t. Granted Damon was a little creepy and I was slightly uneasy being sat opposite me, but I was in a public place, meaning if he had any sense he wouldn’t hurt me.

“Um… Hello,” I frowned.

The smirk on his face was prominent and rather unsettling.

“You’re Bailey Tanner correct?” he asked resting his elbows.

“What’s it to you?” I stated.

“Elena said you’re pregnant with her brother’s child.”

I frowned. Elena told him? He was a complete and utter stranger to me, yet she told him one of the most personal things that she could tell someone about me. I trusted her. I did expect her to tell Stefan, which didn’t bother me too much; he didn’t speak to people, unless Elena forced him too, but I didn’t expect her to tell Damon as well.

“Why do you want to know?” I frowned.

“Just interested. What I heard about you was that you were the sweet and innocent goody-two-shoes. But then I heard that you became an addict and are pregnant,” he shrugged.

“Well what you’ve heard is true. But people talk about everyone in this town. It’s small and everyone knows each other’s dirt. People even talk about you Damon, I know what you are,” I smirked.

Shut your mouth Bailey. You are digging yourself a hole that you won’t get out of you. Just be quiet for once. He’s a vampire Bailey; he can easily kill you, and probably the minimal people who were sat in the grill.

“Do you really Bailey? What am I? Tell me but don’t tell anyone else,” He stated staring me in the eyes.

I’m presuming he was trying to compel me due to the movement of his pupils.

“You can’t compel me Damon. I ingest vervain and I wear it. Does that explain my knowledge?” I smiled innocently.

“No one stands up to me, in the way you do. It’s kind of remarkable,” he shrugged with a smirk.

“It’s not like I have much to lose. And would you really hurt a pregnant girl? I know you are a thing of nightmares, but I’m sure even you have morals. Also from what I’ve heard you and Stefan don’t get along but I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be completely shunned by your brother. And I’ve seen how you look at Elena; it’s not how you should look at your brother’s girlfriend. She’d hate you if you hurt me,” I stated not letting any emotion come across in my voice.

“I like you. You’re observant. And don’t be angry with Elena, she didn’t actually tell me about you being pregnant, she was telling Stefan, and I listened in,” he shrugged.

“It’s okay. Everyone will know soon, I’m sure most people already do. I’ll just have to live with it won’t I? People already give me pitiful stares; I can handle ones of disgust,” I sighed.

I didn’t want people turning their noses up at me, and staring down at me as if I was an inferior being but it was inevitable. I was going to be a teen mum and most of the town already knew up my drug issue, so I had no chance for normality here in the small town, but I’d survive.

“Most people would be petrified of having to go through these but you seem completely calm,” he stated.

“Inside I’m petrified. But how’s that going to help me? I’m sixteen, and I’m going to be a Mother. I have no example to follow, my Mum died when I was really little. I have no family to rely on to help, just Jeremy and his family. But I will be a good Mum if I try to be, and no matter how scared I am I have to be brave for my baby,” I shrugged.

“So are you keeping the bay?” he questioned.

“I want to. I’m pretty sure Jeremy only agreed because that’s what I want. It’s going to be a nightmare, but I can’t give up on my baby. I’ve lost so many people and I don’t want to voluntarily lose another,” I stated with a sigh, “the way Jeremy spoke of you, it was as if I should fear you, but you don’t seem horrible.”

He let out a deep chuckle standing up from his seat.

“Well Bailey you don’t know me. When you get the misfortune of knowing me, you’ll realise I’m a real bastard,” he shrugged, “I’ll speak to you later Bailey.”

With that he left.