4 - Queens

"Evac all civilians. Get me a perimeter around the building, and gunships in the air."

"Please tell me you two brought a suit." Nash says to you and Tony.

"Sure did. It's a lovely Tom Ford, three-piece, two-button. I'm an active-duty non-combatant." Tony says sarcastically.

"Follow me." Sharon says as she runs past you Tony and Natasha. With tech-glasses on Tony takes cover behind a pillar.

Nash begins to speak on her radio, "We're in position."

Tony taps a wrist-control which becomes his Ironman-glove. He zaps Bucky with a stun-burst before Bucky can shoot a guard. Tony rushes him, firing again. Bucky ducks the blast then trades blows with Tony, firing the gun. Tony has the Ironman-glove over the barrel, blocking the bullet. He pulls the gun barrel loose then Bucky smacks him backwards. Sharon rushes Bucky, then Natasha rushes Bucky. They both land kicks and punches, then Bucky flips Sharon head over heels. She smashes onto a table then Nash leaps on Bucky, legs around his neck. He slams her onto another table and grabs her throat.

Maybe nows the time to kick some ass?

You push out and use your powers to yank one of the pillars out of the building, it shakes. You aim for Bucky on Nash, but T'Challa comes from nowhere and kicks Bucky off her. He fights with Bucky, landing lightning fast kicks and some punches. Bucky gets a counter punch in and T'Challa falls, but quickly recoveres. Bucky hurries up some stairs.

You can't see what's happening anymore.

You search for Bucky's electro-magnetic brain pulse, but you can't feel him or T'Challa.

-

"I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Secretary Ross says.

"We will. GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it." Tony assures him.

"Yeah Tony's right we always handle things like this." You say.

"You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this."

"What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers?" You say, on the edge.

"If we're provoked. Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math." He says, almost amused.

"All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys in bullets, Ross. You gotta let us bring them in." Tony continues.

"How would that end any differently from the last time?" Ross pushes.

"Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed."

"36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson. And I want her to stay out of the field."

"Come on Ross-" you interject.

"Thank you, sir." Tony says, cutting you off as he rubs his hand on his chest and slumps, exhaling. "My left arm is numb, is that normal?"

Nat pats him on the shoulder. "You both alright?"

"Always." (He has a massive black eye and a cut on his brow.) "36 hours, jeez."

"I don't understand why Ross won't let me. I could get this done in an instant." You groan. No one pays attention.

"We're gonna be seriously understaffed without ______. I think Ross is worried about the casualties."

"Oh, yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?" Tony pushes.

"No. You really think he'd be on our side?" Nat answers.

"No." You mumble.

"I have an idea." Nat says

"Me too. Where's yours?"

"Downstairs. Where's yours?"

Tony smiles slightly.

"Queens."

_

"Tony let me come with you please." You beg as he walks out the building.

"Kid you heard Secretary Ross. Your sitting this one out."

"But Tony-"

"This is not arguable! You will go to school on Monday, and I better see you at the tower later." He jabs his finger at you. "You have an Geometry test on Tuesday, chess tournament next week, and Nationals for your school academics team. Use that big brain of yours for something good."

"Tony." You say as he steps in the car, you grab his arm "Be careful, please."

"I will kid. I promise."