13 - Normal

"Is it okay if I apologize to Liz?" Peter asks you.

"Of course." You smile at him and then pull him in a hug. He walks over to Liz, whose crying by the trophy case and you continue to talk to Ned standing next to a row of lockers.

"So like, how do your powers work? Can you regenerate your whole body?"

"I don't know Ned. And I sure don't want to try."

"I can't believe Peter's dating an Avenger. It's totally unfair." Ned says.

"I'm not the Avenger. Telki is. And she's been through a lot this week. She's retiring, for now." You laugh.

"But seriously, how come it's the underdogs that get superpowers?" Ned asks.

"Ned, c'mon we need to get to the library."

_

"Congratulations, decathlon national champions." Your teacher says, placing the trophy on the table.

"Yeah!" Everyone chants in unison.

"I'll have to put this back in the trophy case soon...but just for motivation right now at this practice. I'm ahead of the game, but we will need a new team captain next year. So I am appointing Michelle."

"Yeah!" Everyone claps for her.

"Thank you. My-My friends call me MJ." She says.

"I thought you didn't have any friends." Ned says.

"I didn't." she responds. (You'd been calling her MJ since you'd both met in middle school.)

Your watch and Peter's phone buzz at the same time. It was Happy, the text he sent just said "You and Peter meet me in the bathroom." That's weird.

"We uh, gotta go." Peter says standing up, you follow.

"Hey, where are you guys going?"MJ asks.

"We, uh..."

"What are you are you hiding Peter?" She says curiously. "I'm just kidding. I don't care. Bye."

_

"Hey, Happy." You say.

"What- ? What are you doing here?" Peter stutters.

"I really owe you guys one. I don’t know what I would do without this job. I mean, before I met Tony-" a toilet flushes and a boy walks out of a stall.

He looks at you strangely, (you're in the boys bathroom after all.) He washes his hands and then walks out awkwardly.

"So how long you been here?" You ask Happy.

"Long enough to be awkward. Boss wants to see you. Both of you actually, it's important."

"Is he here too?" Peter asks.

"In the toilet? No, he’s upstate." Happy answers.

"Upstate- Like, upstate-upstate?" Peter says in awe, you smile.

"Yeah, let’s go."
_

"Take a look. It’s pretty impressive, huh? They just finished remodeling the whole thing." Happy says driving up to the tower.

"Yeah and yet my room still sucks ass." You grumbled, the light through your window woke you up too early and Tony hadn't been listening when you told him you needed curtains or blinds. You should probably shatter them, then maybe he'd listen.

Peter looked at the tower in awe, and you grabbed his hand, he turned and smiled at you brightly, "I can't believe you live here."

The car stopped and everyone got out and went into the tower. Inside, you and Peter looked through the large windows at a holo-jet taking off.