7 - Team

"Tony, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry?"

"You'll finish out the month at Midtown, and then you're done."

"Tony please, I don't want to go to some academy, I want to stay at Midtown!" You cry.

"Why do I always have to make all the tough choices kid?" He sighs "I spend every second worried about you, why do you think I take vacations?"

"Tony...I just feel like even though I get to go to school, I don't get to be normal. I have to be home by a certain time, I have to maintain a 4.0, be on at least one club. No parties, no leaving the tower, no using my powers unless I'm told. I'm not a kid Tony, I'm a prisoner. It's like you're keeping me busy so I don't go off."

"Kid...I'm not-"

"Yes you are. Tony when you disappeared. When I went off last time. It was my fault. That's all on me. I leveled that building and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I punish myself every day Tony, I don't need you to punish me too."

You disconnected from the call.

_

"Hey _____, did uh, Mr. Stark mention anything about a Vulture guy to you?"

"Peter, I thought he told you to forget that?"

"Yeah I did but-"

"I gotta set up for tournament practice Peter, see you later."

_

"I move...my king pawn to e4."

"Nice move _____."

"Thanks Abe, but keep it to yourself."

"What are Peter and Ned doing?" Wade asks.

"What-" you turn around, Ned waves.

You scoot in your chair, "My queen to h5, and there, Checkmate. Now if you'll excuse me."

You open the door, "Peter, Ned what the hell are you doing?"

"Shhhhh keep it down _____."

Peter runs off toward the storage basement,

"Uh, hey Ned, can you keep the chess team busy? Thanks!" You pat him on the back and run after Peter.

You peek your head down the stairs, there are two guys talking to one another, and then you spot Peter under a spare desk, you lock eyes with him and his widen in fear. You slide down the stairs and scoot under the desks with Peter.

"What are you doing?" Peter whispers.

"I thought you might need some help...from an Avenger."

"Did you hear something?" One on the men says.

You and Peter look at each other and your eyes widen. Peter jumps up and uses his powers to stick to the underside of the table. You use your abilities to grab a tarp and pull it over yourself.

The men look under the desk,

"There's no sign of the weapon."

"And even if it was here, now it's gone."

"So are we."

_

"This is so awesome." Peter says

"I know, right?" You say, having not been on a mission in a while.

"They're in Brooklyn. Staten Island. Leaving Jersey. They stopped. Maryland?" Peter says.