12 - Forever

The blood stopped dripping on your fingers.

That was the only reason you woke up.

Your eyes fluttered open, you looked down at the wound and prepared to see your bloodied chest.

But it wasn't there.

Just your perfectly healthy skin and a giant bloody hole in Peter's shirt. You knew what this was, there were other people who had this power. You'd unlocked another mutation. All it took was nearly dying. How many near death experiences was that now? Twenty?

Oh no, Peter. You had to find Peter. Wherever he was. You push yourself up and run back to Flashes car. You begin to scoure it for his phone, you picked up off the ground, the screen was cracked badly,you picked it up and typed in the number shakely.

"Hey, Pepper it's ______, can you send me my watch?"

_

The drone crashed onto the pavement, and you grabbed it greedily and ripped it open and pulled your watch out. You slap it on and activate your suit. Throwing the pile of bloody clothes into a dumpster.

"Elliot!" You shout.

"Hello miss, it's good to have you back."

"Yeah, can you track the latest cargo shipment to the new facility upstate?"

"The signal is slightly disrupted, it looks like it's heading towards the Coney Island beach."

"Looks like we're going to Coney Island Elliot."
_

You reached the Coney Island beach. You'd only been here once before, Steve took you for your birthday.

"Elliot where is the plane now?"

"I don't know Miss, the ships systems aren't responding to my automatic systems, you'll have to override it by inputting your voice recognition password again."

"Okay, um, _____?" You say.

"Accesses denied."

"Strongest Avenger?"

"Accesses denied."

"Okay fine. Little lightning."

"Accesses granted. The ship is preparing for crash, heading right towards you."

"I'm sorry what?" You look up, the planes camouflage shield is flickering, and the right wing is smoking, it's barely flying over the city as it skids towards you. There was no way you could hold it, it was too unstable. You would just have to let it crash on the beach.

_

The plane crashed down, destroying everything in its path, sand flew everywhere and so did flaming debris. You covered your eyes and all debris coming toward you were blasted away by your powers, except for a couple of small pieces of shrapnel which embedded themselves into your face and cut up your suit.

You touched your mask, a single slice went through it, cutting it in half.

You were able to reach out, use your powers and make the hull and front of the plane skid to a stop. You could see Peter, even through all the smoke you knew he was there.

Your heart was beating faster than it ever had.

He ripped off his mask. What was he doing? He stumbled around a second. He looked in front of him. Then all of a sudden the Vulture flew out of the smoke and grabbed Peter , they both flew back.

"PETER!" You cried in terror. Debris all around you flew away and the air pulsed heavily with your ability, you took a step forward and the ground shook.

The Vulture dropped Peter and landed in a pile of debris. He lifted his broken wings and a speeded towards Peter once again. He kept grabbing him and lifting him and slamming him on the ground.

You didn't know what to do, your powers were so invigorated you were afraid you were going to kill the Vulture, or even worse, kill Peter.

You need to find control, and quick.

The Vulture grabbed Peter by his hood and lifted him up in the air. Then he stopped, you watch the Vulture take his helmet off and drop Peter.

You caught Peter just barely and laid him softly on the ground. You ran over to him, he lifted his head slightly.

"________...am I dead?" Peter says roughly.

"No, no. I don't have time to- we have to-"

"His wing suit... YOU'RE WING SUITS GOING TO EXPLODE!" Peter yells at the Vulture.

You glace behind you, the Vulture is trying to lift one of the crates with his claws, but his wings are sparking and smoking. It wasn't going to work.

"______ use your powers, help him!"

"Peter I can't- the wings I'll kill him."

Peter weakly lifts his hand up and shoots a web to the crate to stop him. The Vulture strains.

"Ah, what the hell." You say concentrating on not ripping the Vulture in half, trying to pull him down gently. But he's not giving up.

"It's time for you and your little Avenger sidekick to go home Pete."

"We're trying to save you!" Peter says, grunting with effort.

You loose your pull, and then Peter's web breaks and you both collapse. The Vulture continues to fly away, even though his wings are close to exploding. Peter tries to shoot a web and it doesn't work, the wings pop loudly and the Vulture looses altitude, the wings exploding.

Peter grabs you and shields your body, you throw a arm over his neck to shield him. When you hear the Vulture hit the ground Peter grabs you and you both run to him, jumping through flames and hot metal.

Until you reach the Vulture's smoldering wings, Peter tries to lift them but they're too hot, you reach out and lift the wings off of his body. You and Peter both grab him and lift him up and begin to carry him away to safety.

You both drop his body and Peter collapses one moment into a coughing fit. You put a gentle hand on his shoulder. Peter stands up next to you and looks at you and gives you a weak smile.

"We need to leave." You say.

"Why?" Peter asks.

"Because they'll make us try to clean this up."

"We need to tie him up and pick up the crates." Peter says.

"If we must." you cough loudly. "Hey Peter?"

"Yeah, ______?"

"I meant everything I said."

"I know. Me too."

_

"I can't believe all that happened." You say, looking at the city below you.

"Yeah."-Peter looks over at you-"Listen...I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I thought I was protecting you. But, all along you've been protecting me. What I'm trying to say is, I-I love you and I see how I lose the people I care about. I just...couldn't bare to lose you too." Peter says hopelessly.

"Oh, Peter. I understand. How about we just, start over?" You smile.

"I'd like that."

You and Peter kiss, and it feels more right than any of the other times.