9 - Hidden

"This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship. Later that day, they also defeated death." The school news anchors say.

Abe's face pops up on the screen, "There were purple lasers and smoke. It was tight, like a Bon Jovi concert."

"As you know, we made it out alive, and that's the important thing. I couldn't bear to lose a student on a school trip. Not again." Your teacher looks into the camera, his face grim.

"Thankfully, no one was seriously injured thanks to Telki and the Spider-Man."

"Thank you, Telki. Thank you, Spider-Man."

"Up next: the Spider-Man and Telki mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your superhero spirit?"

"What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?" Ned asks you and Peter

"Crazy, dude." Peter says happily.

"Yeah It's...crazy." You nod.

"Should we tell everyone?" Ned asks

"Ned." You facepalm.

"Should I tell everyone?" Ned says.

"No, dude. That's not a good idea." Peter says.

"Okay, come on, or we'll be late to class." You say tapping the boys on their shoulders.

"I'm not going to class." Peter shakes his head.

"You're both already in trouble for ditching the decathlon." Ned points out.

"Hey, I'm going to class, I already got yelled at for missing the decathlon and suiting up in D.C., the federal government is still not off my back about that, by the way." You say to Peter.

"Guys, listen, I figured it out. The wingsuit guy is stealing from Damage Control. What he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all I gotta do is catch him. ______, wanna get our crime fighting duo together one last time?"

"I'm sorry Peter. I can't." You say sadly.

"And we have a Spanish quiz." Ned presses.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate...so when I bring this guy in."

"Peter, you realize you don't quite live with us, right? Plus we're already moved upstate, well for the most part. We still got some superhero items to remove. I'm just here finishing out the next couple of months." You nod. You convinced Tony to let you stay the rest of the year.

"Yeah and dude, you want to be a high school dropout?" Ned says.

"I am so far beyond high school right now."  He rolls his eyes.

Peter goes to walk out but your Principle stops him, you begin to walk away from them to class but then the principal calls, "Parker, Rogers my office."
*your last name is Rogers
_

"So...you got detention. You screwed up. You know what you did was wrong. The question is, how are you gonna make things right? Maybe you were trying to be cool. But take it from a guy who's been frozen for 65 years...the only way to really be cool is to follow the rules. We all know what's right. We all know what's wrong. Next time those turkeys try to convince you of something you know is wrong." Steve says on the TV. Another one of those ridiculous movies they made you watch.

Peter grabs his bag and walks out of the detention room, you stay. You didn't need Tony on your tail again.

"Where you going? Get back here." Your detention teacher yells at him weakly.