6 - Chess

"Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield fitness can be the difference between success or failure. Today, my good friend, your gym teacher will conduct the Captain America Fitness Challenge."

"Thank you, Captain. Pretty sure he's a war criminal, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it." Your gym teacher announces, earning an audible groan from your classmates.

You walk over to the mats and begin your stretches, you hear Liz and the rest of her friends chattering.

"Now, see, for me, it would be F Thor...marry Iron Man and kill Hulk."

"Well, what about the Spider-Man?"

"It's just Spider-Man."

"Did you see the bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys!"

"Oh, my God, she's crushing on Spider-Man!"

"No way."

"Kind of." Liz giggles.

"Oh, gross."

"He's probably 30."

"You don't know what he looks like. Like, what if he's seriously burned?"

"I wouldn't care. I'd love him for the person he is inside." Liz says. God she was so pretty it was unfair.

But the spider-kid or whatever, he was your age from what you'd read from going through into Tony's files. But he never said who it was, and you wondered, obviously, everyone did, but you knew how important secret identities were.

"Peter knows Spider-Man." Ned voices.

This was intriguing, Peter Parker and spider-man? Friends? Yeah right.

"No, I don't." Peter squeaks.

"Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends." Flash snickers.

"I've met him, yeah. A couple times. But it's...through the Stark internship. Yeah, well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it. Maybe _____ could tell you, I think she got a internship too." Peter says, shifting the talk to you.

"What Peter?" You ask

"I saw you get into one of Mr. Starks cars after chess club, his assistant picked you up." He points out. Oh shit, Peter Parker was a dead man.

"Oh yeah, about chess club Peter-"

"Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?" Flash cuts you off.

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come. You too _____ , if you also know Spider-man."

"Your...Having a party?" You ask

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should both totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man." Flash mocks.

"It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway, so..." Liz smiles slyly.

"Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?" Flash chimes in.

The boys continue to chat amongst themselves.

You were infuriated at Peter, he called you out. Luckily, he didn't know the full truth but still. And now you had to go to a party. Well that was exciting but there was no way in hell you could go. And if you did, you couldn't bring Spider-man you didn't even know Spider-man!

_

"Tony, you having a good vacation? Great okay, about moving upstate." You say pulling up the video-call on your watch.