10 - Homecoming

"You're good kids and you're smart kids...so just try to keep your heads on straight, okay?"

"Okay."

"Yeah." You mutter.

"All right, get out of here."

Peter throws his backpack over his shoulder and you both walk out.

"Are you guys expelled? Do you have to go to that high school where the principal has a crossbow?" Ned asks.

"Pretty sure that's an urban myth, and, no, we're not expelled." Peter says.

"You guys are so lucky."

"Peter can I talk to you?" You ask.

"Yeah...I guess."

You stand with him in the hallway for a moment.

"Look if this is about the suit..." Peter starts.

"No! It's...no. It's just...Peter do you know what a mutant is?"

"Yeah, kind of." He mumbles.

"I'm one. I'm a mutant. My abilities have no foreseeable limit...and I only found out last night...nature made me a freak while mankind made me a weapon." You frown, "What I'm trying to say is, you're not the only one who's world got rocked yesterday. I just thought that the both of us could get through it together." You say, grabbing his hands.

"Listen, ______. What happened in the Defense facility. It was great and I want that, really...but It can never happened. I've caused you so much pain. You almost died because of my mistake. I can't live with that. I have to keep you safe...I'm sorry." He pulls his hands away, and leaves you alone.

When Peter Parker left you under the homecoming banner.

You could feel your heartbeat.

_

"Elliot how is the dress selection this month?"

"I could show you the ones you would most likely chose from this year's fashion selection?"

"Okay. Wait Elliot, the light blue one. Do you think I'd make me look like Cinderella?"

"I think It would make you look lovely miss. Would you like to purchase it?" You smile.

"Yes, I'd like it shipped here by tonight."
_

"Look it's Peter!" Ned waves at Peter from the other side of the glass double doors. Peter opens them but doesn't break eye contact with you.

Instantly, you can tell somethings wrong. Peter and you share a look and you lock eyes, he walks over to Liz. He tells her something and runs off. It doesn't take long for you to chase after him.
_

You watch him run down the halls, he picks up a set of lockers and grabs a bag and doesn't stop running.

"Peter!" You yell.

He stops for only a moment, "_____ I need your help!"

He runs as he changes into his homemade suit.

"Peter, I don't have my suit. Tony took my watch." You say running at his side.

"Well we'll just have to-" he runs out the double doors to the bus yard but gets blasted in the head by an electric current.

"Peter!" You cry.

"He gave you a choice. You chose wrong." Peter's attacker said. "And you're a two timer?" The man says looking at you.