Understanding

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyah! This is the origional version of this fanfiction, please check out the remastered and polished version, it'll make more sense and you'll like it more!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/163383403-the-disappointment-a-nerrison-fanfiction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Still slightly scarred by how Nerris slapped him, Harrison sighed. He watched as she walked out of the room, leaving him with a blown lightbulb and a decision he had to make himself. Harrison thought about what she ment by 'toughness'. He was never a dominant person, so what was she talking about? He was deep in thought when he heard a high shriek from a dramatic someone. He got up and ran out into the main room, or kitchen, technically they were the same room...

"GET THAT FOUL... CREATURE, AWAY FROM ME!!"

Preston was on the kitchen bench, scrambling away from Nerris, she was holding Harrison's pet dove that he uses for his magic tricks. She had called it 'Blanka' immediately after he told her not to name it.

"Preston, you're scaring her! If you would just stop and calm down, I'll let you feed her."

Harrison walked up to Nerris, "Why... did you take out Blanka?"

Nerris pet the dove gingerly as it cooed, "I wanted to show Preston, and I need to feed her anyways."

"THAT THING IS FULL OF PARASITES AND BACTERIA! HOW DO YOU HAVE IT AS A PET??!!" Preston screamed as Nerris grabbed his wrist to make him pet it.

"Because she's-"

In blind panic, Preston started flailing his arms around, this scared the small bird and it flew out of Nerris' hands and started flapping around the house. Nerris gasped and started to chase it, but Harrison put out his hand to stop her. He stretched his arms, cracked his fingers and unrolled his sleeves. He dusted his arm, then shook it. Blanka flew out through his right sleeve and Nerris caught her. She started whispering to the white dove and pet it tenderly. Harrison faced Preston again, who was having a metaphorical heart attack.

"Nerris loves that bird." He shrugged as he rolled up his sleeves again, "don't ask me why, I usually stuff it up my sleev-"

Preston jumped off the bench, "Don't say that, vegans will crucify you."

They both chuckled a bit at the remark, Harrison sat on a chair at the bench and out his head on his hands. Preston sat on another chair next to him, finally being able to say what he's wanted to say for a while now, "It's hard to believe you two are going to be parents, I mean-"

Harrison stopped him, "I really don't want to talk about that right now, ok?"

Taken aback, Preston tried to think of another conversation starter, "Uh, eh heh, ok... Well, what did Nerris say about change?"

"She said that she wants my spirit back... and my toughness. I'm not the dominant type, am I Preston?"

"Quite the opposite."

"Exactly, I don't get it... So, what does she mean when she says, 'get my spirit back'?"

"First, might I ask, what did you enjoy about your and Nerris' relationship?"

Harrison stopped, that was, an intelligent thing of Preston to ask, "Well... I guess it was our differences that pulled us together. You remember, she absolutely hated me back at Campbell. But, I guess, it was just... our ways of thinking... or just our-" Harrison stopped.

"Your spirit, huh?" Preston smirked.

He finally understood what she ment. Harrison looked at his friend and genuinely thanked him, "Preston... that was... not something I'd ever thought I would hear you, out of everyone, say..."

"I'm not just an egotistical bastard, I'm an intelligent egotistical bastard!"

"But what about my 'toughness'. What is she talking about?"

Preston thought for a second, then smirked, "Ahhh, I know what she's talking about. She's always on top, yeah? Well, almost everyone knows that Nerris gets sooo turned on when someone else (you) fights for dominance."

Harrison raised an eyebrow, "Almost everyone knows? I didn't know that!"

"Well, she told me... and I told Max... and he told... everyone... but you apparently... But you should know that anyway!" Preston shook his head "It's either that or something else. Figure it out yourself, I don't know and I'm not your couple therapist, ok."

In defeat, Harrison sighed heavily. He wanted straight and correct answers, but he knew he wouldn't be able to get any without figuring them out himself. He suddenly felt a vibration from his pocket. He grabbed his phone and saw it was his boss, he hoped it wouldn't be something too serious, as now he just wanted to relax.

"Hang on Preston- Hello sir... yes I'm home." Harrison stood up from his seat.

Preston lent back and saw Nerris walk back into the room, without the bird. She looked at Harrison with a raised eyebrow, then wandered over to Preston.

"But sir... I can't do that now, I just had a show... How much?" Harrison's eyes widened, "Oh-ok... Yes sir... I'll be there right away!"

Complete excitement took over Harrison, he hung up the phone and ran to his room. Nerris elbowed the stunned Preston.

"Who was he talking to?"

Preston shrugged, "I'm pretty sure his boss or something."

"So he won't be home tonight again." Nerris sighed.

Harrison ran back out of the room, nicely dressed again. He ran to the birdcage outside and took out his dove. He shoved the creature up his sleeve and walked back inside, locking the door.

"Harrison!" Nerris flung her arms in the air, "This is the second week in a row that you haven't been home at night."

"No, Nerri, you don't understand. He's offering twenty thousand tonight, that's a lot."

"But I wanted to ta-" she was interrupted by Harrison, who roughly kissed her, then pulled away.

"I'll be back soon!" He waved as he closed his car door and sped off.

Preston cringed, "god, he can't do that after an argument."

In resentment, Nerris slammed her fists on the table, "I CAN'T STAND THAT MAN." Preston shrunk into his seat, hesitant on doing anything else to annoy her "Whenever I need to TALK TO HIM, he RUNS AWAY."

"Look... Nerri, maybe calm down and rethink this-"

Too late, Nerris had grabbed a mug on the table and flung it across the room. Preston only just dodged it and watched as it smashed against the wall.

"Holy shit- Nerris stop!"

She glared at Preston for a second, then stomped into her room. Preston jumped at how hard she slammed the door. He knew she wouldn't be ok, so after a few minutes, Preston built up the courage to walk in and try to cheer her up. As he walked into the room, he gasped at all the damage Harrison had done before. Nerris was sitting at Harrison's desk, she was reading a book. Preston wasn't quite sure what the book was, and he didn't particularly care, what he did care about was his friend's mental state.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyah! This is the origional version of this fanfiction, please check out the remastered and polished version, it'll make more sense and you'll like it more!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/163383403-the-disappointment-a-nerrison-fanfiction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------