Stuck

"What the hell...? Hey, Nerri!"

Nerris was sitting at the kitchen bench with her earbuds in whilst playing one of her favourite games on her aging 3DS. Although it had been a few days now, she still had guilt weighing down on her heavily, and Preston calling her by Harrison's pet name was only making it worse.

"Nerri, come look at this quick!"

She stayed in her place and turned up the volume. She wasn't gonna go to him until he called her by her name, not Harrison's pet name.

"Nerri!"

Preston walked out of his room, "Nerri, why aren't you responding to me?"

"Preston. Don't call me that, please." She tried to not snap at him. She had been doing that lately, snapping at anything that annoyed her, whether it be Harrison's magic tricks, their pet dove or Preston's constant chatter.

"But Nerri-"

"Preston, I'm fucking serious."

He finally stood down, clearly seeing that Nerris was not in the mood for him messing around, "Alright, Nerris, I'm sorry... but could you come and see this now?"

Trying to forgive Preston, Nerris decided it wouldn't be a bad thing to see what he was talking about. She sighed as she put down her game and earbuds to follow her close friend. Nerris had to adjust her eyes to all the posters and random coloured... things... around the room. There was just too much going on for her. Yeah, she had a shelf in her and Harrison's room for her consoles, figures and fanart, but damn, Preston was on another level of 'cram everything into one wall'.

"uhmm, THERE, there it is!" he pointed to a white bird in a crack in the wall, "What the hell is your bird doing in a crack in the wall?"

She sighed, the dove was pretty mischievous, and Harrison would sometimes practice doing tricks with her and not put her away afterwards. 'Blanka must have flown into Preston's room or something,' Nerris thought as Blanka cooed. She picked up the small creature as Preston backed away being the germaphobe he was.

She took Blanka outside and walked to her cage.

"Oh god, finally..."

Nerris screamed and let go of Blanka, who flew up onto the roof and ruffled her feathers.

"HARRI, what did you DO?"

Harrison was squashed inside of Blanka's cage. His arm was outside of the cage and his head was crushed in between his knees, "Uhhh, I was trying to appear somewhere else, but I kinda swapped places with Blanka... I've been in here for about twenty minutes by the way... I gave up shouting for you a long time ago."

"Harri, babe- how are we gonna get you out?" She tried looking for a way to open the cage.

"Heh, I tried to make myself appear somewhere else... but... it didn't work. You're gonna have to get the plyers or something."

"But then we'll have to get a new cage, that's like, another sixty-"

"Nerri~"

"Harri."

"Nerri get me out of here! I can't feel my... everything..."

"Okay okay," Nerris said as she walked to their shed. They never actually used the shed as a 'shed', they used it as another storage unit outside of the house. She walked in, avoiding every cobweb and occasionally getting a jump when she saw a dead cockroach.

She finally found the plyers... that were rusty and didn't work. She growled and threw them across the small shed in anger. She made her way back to Harrison who was annoyed at the fact that she didn't just use them anyway.

"Because I don't want to accidently cut you and give you a disease!" She told him.

Harrison groaned as he had to wait longer for Nerris to find something else to get him out of his prison. Suddenly Nerris thought of something.

"Harrison... would your, I don't know, your parents know what to do or something?"

He growled, "Nerris, they won't be able to do shit. You know how they feel about my magic."

"Come on Harri, we don't know what else to do, and Preston wouldn't know either, so don't make a repeat of what happened last time."

Harrison didn't want to be stuck in the cage, but he also didn't want his parents to low-key make him feel terrible. Nerris didn't give him a choice though, she already grabbed his phone, unlocked it and looked for his parents' number. He sat there crushed between the sticks and trying to avoid all the bird shit on the lower tray.

"Hello! Yes, this is Nerris... oh yeah, well that's not what I was calling for. Harrison has used his magic and got himself trapped inside of our bird cage, so I was just asking if you know an-..."

Interrupted and staying silent, Nerris had a frozen look of offence plastered onto her face. Harrison started feeling bad and getting suspicious of what his parents were saying to Nerris. He didn't want to blurt anything out, but literally being in a cage just got him angrier and more out of control;

"Can you two shut up?! Nerris is trying to help me with this small predicament and yet... it's more then you two ever did for me!"

Nerris frowned and silently told him to shut up, before quickly going back into conversation with his parents, "Uhh, ye-ok, now? Yes of course! ... w-well then, see you shortly!"

She hung up and looked at Harrison, "Well, I'm kind of glad you said that, Harri... Your dad is gonna be here... in a while."

He sighed. His parents lived like half an hour away from them, so he had to entertain himself. Nerris grabbed her 3DS and started playing it next to Harrison, laughing because it was even more of a tease. He could barely even see her screen, but in the end, he just tried to get the blood flow back into his legs, which wasn't the most successful thing that had happened.

Suddenly, they heard the doorbell ring. Nerris got up and told Harrison he'll be free soon. Once she entered the house, Preston opened the room to his door in frustration and told Nerris that he was working on a script and needed her to be quieter. She snorted in reply and continued on her way to the front door. She hesitated before turning the handle, quickly thinking of what to say. Finally, she opened the door and was met with a very tired and sad looking old man. He wore a dirty-green coloured turtleneck jumper and long denim jeans. His hands trembled as he held them close to his chest.

"H-Hello... Whe-ere's Harrison."

:-------------------------------------------------------------------:

HA

Are ya'll proud of meeeee? I did ittt! I did the next chapter!!