Prologue

(Y/n): Your name

(L/n): Last name

Italic word: Used for communications

Bold+Italic word: In thoughts

Bold: Flashback

-------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s POV:

*Static* *Static*

???: "Play ops, Play ops. Pedro 64 climbing up. Heading to Role 3.

TOC: "Pedro 64, copy. Golden hour is still ticking."

Pedro 64: "Copy, Play ops."

It was evening. We're in the HH-60 Pave Hawk, on our way to the Nato hospital Role 3 near Vale. In front of us, there's a critical wounded soldier, who was grasping for his life. He got multiple shrapnels on his left arm and an amputee on right leg. He's really in bad condition. He stepped on an IED which is improvised explosive device that has been used by the White Fang.

"Yang! Grab the IV!" I yelled to her and she nodded. She began to take out the IV, blood pack and fluid from the medical kit and began to hook the blood pack and the fluid pack and inserted the line for the IV.

Yang was one of my teammates in Pedro 64. She was the first among 10 fenale candidates who signed up to join the Pararescue.

She was preparing to insert the needle into the patient's arm. As she inserted it, she couldn't find the right spot and the IV failed to be insert.

Yang: "(Y/n), IV is failed!" Without hesitation, I yelled to Brett, another teammates of my unit.

"Brett! Prep the OI!"

Brett: "Roger!"

IO, a process that send the needle straight to the patient's bone. Its a painful, but a life-saving process. He took out the IO and slowly inserted it. Once the needle has been inserted, he connected the line with the IO. I inspected the patient's condition. Then, he started to choking. I took a closer look into his mouth and saw blood clumped in his airflow. He was choking on his own blood.

"Hey! Blood is collecting in his airflow! We need to clear it!" Yang then grabbed the trachea tube and a manual suction equipment and she attached the tube to the equipment and inserted the tube into his mouth and began to manual pump to suck the blood out. But the blood continued to flood in his airflow. So, I've decided to take the last resort.

"We need to cric him!"

Brett and Yang began to prep the proper equipment for cric. Then, I radioed the pilot.

"John, you got E.T.A to the Role 3?"

John: "10 minutes. We're still in the golden hour."

"Roger!" I then turned my attention back to the patient. Brett begin to position the scapel on the patient's adam's apple and began to slice it, making a hole not large but enough to fit the trachea tube to pump the oxygen to his lung. Blood flowing out from the hole as Yang inserted the tube carefully and once the tube in position, she began to pump the oxygen to his lung.

"Pilot, we can't fly above 1000 feet or otherwise, the patient will having a hard time to breath." I radioed the pilot.

John: "Copy. Notifing the TOC. Play ops , Pedro 64. We will hold our current altitude which is 1000 feet to prevent the patient from losing his oxygen, how copy?"

TOC: "Play ops, copy."

"Yang, keep pumping the oxygen to his lung! Brett, keep your eyes on the blood pack!"