Chapter 9

(Y/n): Your name

(L/n): Last name

Italic word: Used for communications

Bold+Italic word: In thoughts

Bold: Flashback

---------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV:

Chinook pilot: "Viking base, this is Engine 6-4, ETA to zone, 6 mikes out.

TOC: "Copy, Engine 6-4. Update MIST, 10 wounded. 5 are CAT ALPHA."

Chinook pilot: "Copy, Base. Pedro's, do you acknowledge the MIST?"

(Y/n): "Loud and clear, pilot. 10 wounded, 5 CAT ALPHA."

8 minutes more and closing in as the Chinook and two Apaches flew towards the extraction zone. (Y/n) and Yang were busy preparing the medical equipment with the help from two medics from the Green Berets. As they approaching the zone, smokes could be seen from the distance.

Chinook pilot: "That's hell down there. I hope that they're still alive..."

Chinook co-pilot: "I hope so."

Chinook pilot: "Hunter 2-1, do you have any visual on the zone?" He radioed one of the attack helicopter pilot.

Apache 1: "I see one group at the opening. There are few covers like rocks and trees. But it's a good location for landing."

Chinook pilot: "Copy. I'll contact the ground force." He then switched the channel. "Viking 0-1, this is Engine 6-4. Do you copy, over?" There was a statics for a while. "Viking 0-1, do you copy, over?"

Viking 0-1: "Engine 6-4, I read you loud and clear!" Gunshots and explosion could be heard on the background. "We've sustained heavy casualties and need immediate evac! What is your ETA?!"

Chinook pilot: "ETA 3 minutes. Mark your location. Hang in tight!"

Viking 0-1: "Roger! Marking our location with green smoke!"

Just then, a green smoke appeared in their sight.

Chinook pilot: "I see your location. Going in hot!"

Apache 1: "We'll provide support during your descend and ascend."

Chinook pilot: "Copy, Hunter 0-1." With that, two Apaches increased their speeds and flew towards the battlefield. As they communicated with the ground force, they acquired the enemy's position. Without wasting the time, the weapons specialist of the Apache flicked on few switches. The Apaches flew very closed to the ground and launched its 70mm hydra rockets towards the enemy, resulting a heavy casualties on the enemy's side. Then, one of the Apache climbed untill 150 feet from the ground and hovered before unleashing its 30mm chain gun. With the Apaches support, the Chinook then went to land. As the wheels touched the ground, the ramp was lowered and the Green Berets along with (Y/n) and Yang rushed out and went to rescue the attacking force that was now pleading to be rescued.

(Y/n): "Yang and you, secure the CAT ALPHA!" He pointed towards her and the medics. They nodded and went to provide immediate medical assistance. He then turned his attention towards the other medic. "You, with me. We'll treat the wounded that is not critical and ordered them to get their asses to the Chinook."

Medic: "On your six, sir." (Y/n) nodded and went to the front. They made their way to the wounded under the gunfight and treated the wounded.

(Y/n): "Bring him to the chopper now!" He ordered the troops around the wounded. Then, they moved to the next wounded. And they repeated the process until the front was cleared from the wounded.