Chapter 8

(Y/n): Your name

(L/n): Last name

Italic word: Used for communications

Bold+Italic word: In thoughts

Bold: Flashback

---------------------------------------------------------

-Next day-

(Y/n)'s POV:

0300 hours.

It was a beginning of the raiding mission. The joint task force consisting of Green Berets and PJs had done with their equipments 30 minutes earlier. Me and Yang watched them as they boarded the Chinook. 2 Apaches will escort them to the drop point. Then, Jeff and Lee walked passed up and I called for their names.

"Jeff! Lee!" Both of them stopped and turned around. They greeted us with smiles.

Jeff: "Hey, dude. Hey, Yang!" He cheerfully greeted her than me. I wonder why....

Yang: "Hey!" She waved and smiled widely. Okay, there must be something between them...

"So, you two are ready?"

Lee: "Of course! We're ready for any mission!" He said enthusiastically. I nodded at him.

"I wish you guys a good luck. Take care of each other and the rest of the Green Berets, allright?"

Jeff: "We will."

Lee: "It's best for us to board the chinook now.. don't want them to yell at us for being late."

"Allright then, see you guys again when you come back from the mission." I then handshakes with him and Jeff. Yang then approached Jeff.

Yang: "Take care of yourself, allright?"

Jeff: "I will. When I come back, let's go out for a dinner."

Yang: "I'll be waiting for it." She smiled and pulled Jeff into a hug. After that, they broke the hug and Jeff joined Lee as they boarded the Chinook and it took off.

I kept staring at Yang as she turned her head towards me and tilted a bit.

Yang: "What?"

"You and Jeff.... Are you hiding something?" She then shrugged.

Yang: "Maybe, maybe not." She then grinned. I just shook my head, not wanting to go any further.

"Allright, allright. I'm going to my room to take a nap. Anything, just barge into my room or call me. I won't put my phone in silent mode."

Yang: *giggles* "I would love to barge into your room if I've knock 3 times and you didn't wake up!" She said. I nodded and walked away to my room to get a little nap.

---------------------------------------------------------

-4 hours later-

Yang's POV:

I just received a call from Seth telling me to wake (Y/n) up. I was walking to his room and when I reached his room, I knocked it. Then I knock it again, and again, and again. No answer. Then, I remembered what he told me before. I then took my stance, ready to breach into his room.

"You asked for this..." I thought to myself and smirked.

I then lunged forward and hit the door hard with my shoulder, making the door broke into two. Mission completed. As I wiped off the dust on my shoulder, I looked to my left and saw (Y/n) laying flat on his bed. He didn't even flinched? How can he still sleeping after the chaos? I then walked and stood next to him and I slowly shook him to wake him up.

"(Y/n)..." He didn't flinched. One more time.

"(Y/n)...." This time, I put more force and shook him hard. But failed. Then, I grabbed his bottle filled with water and poured on to his head, which he immediately woke up.

(Y/n): "NANI?!" He then looked at me. "YANG?! WHAT THE HELL?!"

"Get up and get ready for possible ops. Geez... How can you sleep after all the chaos?"

(Y/n): "The what?" He looked at me confused.

"N-Nothing!" I then laughed nervously and scratched my neck, hoping that he doesn't aware of the broken door. But his eyes then landed at the door..

(Y/n): "Did you...." he then narrowed his eyes.

"You asked for it. See you at the TOC!" I immediately ran from the room and make my way to the TOC but not before I could heard him yelled.

(Y/n): "I'm gonna make you pay for that broken door!"

---------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV:

-TOC-

All eyes were focusing on the screen, where it shown an aerial live footage of the compound where the raid took place. As the Green Berets began to breach into the compound, gunfight started to erupt. The Green Berets managed to take down a group of enemy forces but more enemies came out of nowhere and started to attack the approaching Green Berets. When one of the enemy died, another two will took over his place. All of the personnel including (Y/n) watched in horror as two Green Berets were brutally killed by the White Fang. The comms began to go loud as the operation commander ordered them to fall back.

Comms: "Viking base, this is Viking 0-1! We have more casualties. 3 of our men and one PJs were hit and required immediate medical assistance!"

Ops Commander: "Viking 0-1, retreat from the compound. The mission is screwed! I repeat, retreat from the compound!" He then put the radio down and yelled. "Send the QRF now! We must bring them out from the danger zone!" Without wasting the time, the rest of team Pedro and other Green Berets rushed out from the room and began to gear up including (Y/n) and Yang. Just as Brett appeared at his side, he told Brett to stop.

(Y/n): "Brett, you're not going." This earned a shock from him.

Brett: "W-What?! Why?"

(Y/n): "I cannot risk you. I'm bringing the most experienced in this. You just have to prepared when the medevac arrived. Got it?" Brett then sighed and nodded in defeat. After Yang and (Y/n) done gearing up, they rushed to the helicopter but was stopped when someone shouted (Y/n)'s name. They turned around and saw Blake. (Y/n) then approached her.

(Y/n): "Hey, Blake..."

Blake: "Hey.. going for a mission?" He nodded. "Well.... Be careful out there..."

(Y/n): "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." She doesn't said any word and leaned forward and pulled him into a hug.

Blake: "I....I know... Just be.. careful.." she buried her face on his chest. (Y/n) then rubbed her back to calm her down. After that, they broke the hug.

(Y/n): "Don't forget to tell me the answer when I come back, okay?" He winked and smiled. He then caressed my cheek

Blake: *giggles* "Okay... I won't forget about it..."

Blake's POV:

Then, we heard a shutter sound. We turned our heads towards Yang who's holding her phone.

Yang: "Whoopss.... That's loud.." she then nervously laughed and put her phone in her pocket.

(Y/n): *sigh* "Well, I should get going now... See you after the mission..." He then turned around and walked towards the helicopter. Yang then waved goodbye at me and followed him to the helicopter and boarded it. Soon the helicopter lifted off with another one.

I prayed to god for his safety during the mission.... I've spent my time by thinking about what he said to me before. For this time, I'm very sure that we're gonna make it. I'm going to start it back with (Y/n)... Only him..

---------------------------------------------------------

A/n: hey guys! Hope that you enjoyed this chapter and I don't know how many more chapters before we come to an end.... *Smirks* anyway, I'll see guys again in the next chapter. Stay sharp!

Archer out.