Chapter 3

(Y/n): Your name

(L/n): Last name

Italic word: Used for communications

Bold+Italic word: In thoughts

Bold: Flashback

---------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV:

Yang and (Y/n) went to the town for some leisure time after their first mission on the day. (Y/n) had called Seth telling that they will be in the town. They went to the cafè to get their favourite drinks. Once they get their drinks, they went to the park near the cafè.

Yang's POV:

The skies are blue and it's a very beautiful day. No signs of grey cloud that could jeopardize the day. There were also people at the park but not too crowded. We were walking in the park for a while before we decided to sat on a bench near the fountain.

(Y/n): "Ahhh.... What a beautiful afternoon... No sounds of the rotor blades, the smell of blood and the heat of battle... Just the sound of bird chirping and the gentle wind..." He said and took a sip from his favourite drink.

"Yeah... Lovely day...." I said as I looked towards the skies.

(Y/n): "You good?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I'm good as always. The real question is, are you okay?" I asked him back and looked at him. He then sighed.

(Y/n): "I'm still thinking about her... Maybe I had moved on in a short time but still, its quite sad..." He said and took a sip from his drink. "I still remember when I heard that you want to become a PJ because of me. I was kinda shocked but I'm happy that you passed the selection course and became the first among the 10 female who passed the selection and training course. Good to have a person who I considered as my own sister in the squad." He then smiled.

(Y/n) was like my own brother. We've been together since the academy. But he went for the Pararescue one year earlier than me. Because of him I was inspired to join the PJ. I was the first among 10 female who succeeded the selection course and joined the community. At first, I was transferred to reserve unit but (Y/n) managed to convince Seth to take me into Pedro 64.

My first mission with him was when we went to rescue a group of 8 operators from recon regiment in Vacuo. Honestly, I was nervous but excited since it was my first mission. I almost screwed my first mission when I was not able to think wisely when treating the wounded. But thanks to him, I managed to regain myself and performed the treatment well.

Just as we sat there and talk about our moments in the squad, (Y/n)'s eyes widen as he looked behind me.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" He doesn't said any words. So, I looked over my shoulder and saw Sun and Blake, walking together with their hands intertwined. My anger suddenly boiled. "Those two dogs......" I said as I clenched my fist. Then, I felt a hand on my fist. I looked at it and it was (Y/n)'s hand.

(Y/n): "Let them be, Yang." He then pulled his hand from my fist and adjusted his cap and looked at the other way.

Sun and Blake sat on a bench not far from us. Their hands were still intertwined. Then, Blake saw us and immediately turned her head away from us. Sun turned his head towards us and then smirked. He then turned his head back towards Blake and he gently pulled Blake into a kiss. Damn that monkey and I wanted to beat his ass. As I was about to stand up, (Y/n) grabbed my arm. I looked at him in confused.

"What?!" I said in anger tone. He shook his head.

(Y/n): "That is unnecessary, Yang." He said in calm tone.

"But.. why?" He then smiled and pulled me back to the bench.

(Y/n): "I might be still sad about the that, but what past is past. Its no use to be angry about that... Sun worked behind the desk. Which means, he has a lot of times to spend with her compared to me. And I'm happy about that. I just hope that Sun will take care of her more than me...."

How can he still be calm with that? I could see his smile, yet he was still sad and in pain. But with him managed to calm himself, makes me wonder how he can do that....

(Y/n): "People always go mad mode and beat that person till bleed. But I don't want to do that. My job is to save and protect people. If I do that, then I will break the oath. That's why I decided to let them be....." He paused for a moment before he continued. "I still keep the gift that I want to give to her... Maybe it's not for her, but for others... Well, only time will tell us about it.."

As he said that, I could see a single tear flown on his cheek. He really loved Blake and willingly to let her go. I guess that he was right. Being a PJ was a dangerous job. We might be killed in action if things goes south and it will affected the family or loved ones. There was a moment of silence between us.

"So (Y/n), what you're going to do when you're retired?" I asked him to break the silence.

(Y/n): "Plan A, be a PJ instructor. Wanna train new generation to become a PJ..."

"How about Plan B?"

(Y/n): "Hmm.. maybe buy a new house in Vale or Patch and just rotted till death." I laughed at his statement.

As we continued to talk and try to ignore Blake and Sun, my scroll vibrated signalling an incoming call. I pulled it out and answered it.

"Yang here! Who is this?"

Seth: "This is your so called father. Get (Y/n) and your ass back to Beacon now!"

"Why? Something wrong?"

Seth: "New mission update just arrived and I'm telling you it is fucking bad! Get your ass back here now!"

"Wilco sir!" I then hung up.

(Y/n): "Who's on the phone?"

"It's Seth and we have to go back to Beacon now!"

As I said then, he quickly finished his drink and threw away his empty cup and began to run. I followed him closely from the back. But as we sprinted, we heard a voice from behind.

???: "Good luck with your mission!" We halted and looked towards the voice. It was Blake and she waved her hand at us. I looked back at (Y/n). He took a moment before he gave her a thumb up and smile. I just shrugged and continued my run. (Y/n) then followed me from behind.

Blake's POV:

I watched them as they slowly disappeared from the park. I knew that when they're on the rush, there's a mission calling them. I lowered my hand after they were no longer in my sight.

Sun: "You still love him, do you?" I turned around towards Sun and he's clearly looked angry.

Blake: "No, I don't." I lied to him.

Sun: "You sure?" He asked me again.

Blake: "Yes, Sun. I do not love him anymore. Let's go to the dorm. I have some paperwork to do."

Sun: "Sure."

We then walked away from the park with our hands intertwined. But, deep inside my heart, I still love him. It just.... He had almost no time for me... That broke my heart. And I have this feeling inside my heart and it keeps bothering me since I cheated on him... Is this the right choice that I've made?

---------------------------------------------------------

A/n: hey guys! Hope that you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any questions, just drop it in the comment section below or directly message me. That's all for today. Stay safe whenever you are. Stay sharp.

Mako out.