Chapter 1 - Coffee

Fifth break up this month. You can do it. They expect it anyway.

"Listen, I don't think we can carry this on."

"Why?"

Come on, say it. You're used to it.

"I don't feel anything anymore."

Lies.

He let go of her hand and walked away. He was lying. He never felt anything at all. It meant nothing to him. As far as he was concerned, you fuck them once and move on. It was routine for him.

Fuck them and move on.

It's not like he didn't feel bad about it.

But it's not like he didn't know what he was doing either.

He carried on walking away, not sure if he was supposed to regret what he  just did or not. He was planning on escaping the break up the way he usually did- with coffee. He walked through the door of the rather small coffee shop on the corner of the street. They understood him there.

"Hey Minho!" Seungmin smiled at him from behind the counter, knowing immediately what happened when the older boy didn't smile back.
"You've done it again."
"Do you blame me?"
"Of course I blame you. You shouldn't do this to yourself. Or other people for that matter."
"I can't stop it though."
"What's holding you back?"
"It's all I know!" Minho shouted, a bit louder than intended, "I've never known anything else"
"You know what?" Seungmin said, turning around and reaching for a cup from the back surface.
"What?"
"What do you think? You just walked into a coffee shop, for God's sake!"
"Oh."
"Just go and sit somewhere. Calm yourself down. My shift ends in five minutes, so wait for me"
Minho nodded, then turned to look for a free table somewhere. There wasn't one, save for one seat, with a noticeably  disheveled boy working on something (music?) opposite. He was wearing his school uniform and, thank God, he didn't go to the same school as Minho. He went and sat across from him and the boy looked up in surprise. Minho looked over at him, and he stared back. He was quite attractive really. Wavy hair, chocolate brown eyes, and when he bit his lip, looking across the table in confusion, Minho could see his dimples. But Minho wasn't here to play games anymore. He noticed the boy was staring at him. "Hi?" Minho said, "Sorry, I couldn't find anywhere else to sit."
"It's okay," he replied.

Wow. Even his voice is beautiful.

The boy went back to whatever he was working on before, and Minho was just going to stay quiet and wait for Seungmin. But he couldn't resist. Pretty boys are pretty boys, and Minho couldn't possibly resist playing around with a pretty boy.
"Hey, you're kinda cute."
The boy heard him and looked up again in shock, wide-eyed, then blushed slightly.
Not just kind of. He's really cute.
"Minho, you're not scaring off the customers, are you?" Seungmin was walking over to where Minho was sat, coffee in hand.
"No," Minho replied with a smirk.
"I can tell when you're lying, you know," he turned to the boy opposite him, "This is Minho, just ignore him. He likes run his mouth a bit too much."
The boy laughed at that. "I guessed, it's okay."
That. Fucking. Smile.
There were so many people that Minho found attractive, but this boy... this boy was different. There was so much more to it. Minho was usually one to only take notice of the way people looked, their physical attractiveness- and of course the boy was physically attractive- but he also found that he was attracted to the boy's voice, his laugh-

Except Minho likes to play games.

---

A/N: I've been trying to write this story for a while and it took ages to try and think of a solid plot. It's completely finished in my drafts, but even now the plot is a bit messy but I hope you like it anyway 😊