Chapter 9 - Picture (It Was)

He kissed him. Chan didn't know where that sudden confidence came from, but there he was, kissing Lee Minho. He missed the feeling so much, he'd wanted Minho back for such a long time, and there he was. He was kissing Lee Minho, Lee Minho was kissing him. It felt like a dream, feeling Minho's soft lips moving against his own after so long apart. But it was so much different than before. Minho didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around Chan's neck and pull him closer still, while Chan slipped his arms around Minho's waist, pulling away and burying his face in the younger boy's neck.
"I love you so much," Chan whispered subconsciously.
Minho laughed softly, moving away to look into Chan's eyes.
"Did I say that out loud?" Chan said, blush rising in his cheeks.
Minho nodded. "I love you too, stupid," he giggled before moving in to kiss Chan again. Chan could have sworn he saw Seungmin and Hyunjin smiling at each other out of the corner of his eye, but he shook it off. He had Minho, and that was all that mattered.

---

"This is all we know, outside the freezing cold
Try to let it go, before it hurts you soul
This is all we can imagine that this feeling is
Even butterflies and angels never flew like this
It was beautiful, it was
It was wonderful, it was"

That was one of his favourite songs of the ones he wrote about Minho. The song told a story someone who breaks their own heart for the good of the one they love, and looks back on the memories they shared. It was, in his opinion, one of the most meaningful songs he'd ever written.

"You are beautiful"

He finished singing, turning to Minho, who was sat on the floor watching him intently. "Why didn't you tell me you wrote songs about me?" Minho teased, causing Chan to blush profusely.
"I... I..." He stammered, "I didn't think you'd like it."
"Of course  I like it," Minho assured him, "I'd be mad not to. It's beautiful"
"Like you," Chan said.
"You were stuttering a second ago, now you're flirting with me? I can't believe you."
Chan moved and sat on the floor next to Minho, leaning his head on his shoulder.
"Did the voice ever come back?" He asked, curious. Minho had been trying to control the voice in his head for months, and even though he was adamant that he could, Chan was still worried.
"Yes," Minho replied, "But I can deal with it now. I have you, and it knows it can't touch me as long as I have you."
Chan smiled. Minho's words created a sort of comfort for him. He loved that he had Minho by his side and, more importantly, the voice was tamed. Not gone completely, but still, it was under control.
"I'm so proud of you, you know that?" Chan said.
"Why?"
"For ignoring that voice, even though it makes it so easy to listen to it."
"That not even that big of an ach-"
"It is to me," Chan interrupted him, "You let it get to you for years. It can't have been easy to ignore it."
"No... but still-"
Chan gave Minho a short peck on the lips to shut him up. "Say what you want, but I'm still proud of you."
Minho smiled. "I know."

---

A/N: This is the end of Voices, but I'm in the process of writing a Seungjin sequel(??) called Coffee and Flowers, so I'd love if you guys could check that out when I publish that (It'll probably be on Saturday if I write it fast enough). I'll leave a little preview here, if you want to see it.

---

It was an average day for Seungmin. Aside from all the Chan and Minho drama, there wasn't much interesting happening to him at the moment. He wasn't complaining though. He liked it like that, when there's no drama pushing you forward so fast you want to scream "stop the world, I want to get off!" It was these calm, quiet days that he liked. Days where he could just breathe in the scent of the coffee and work in peace. He thought.