Chapter 5 - Promised

"Chan, please..."
"I don't want to hear it," Chan interjected, "Am I that easy? Am I just something you can play with when you're bored?"
Minho felt himself starting to break down. "No... not anymore."
Chan ignored him. "Do you even realise what you're doing to people?"
Minho started crying, grabbing hold of Chan's arm as he tried to walk away.
"To think I still have feelings for you," Chan scoffed, pulling his arm out of Minho's grip, "I'll never understand why."
Minho watched as Chan left.
"You promised," He whispered, half hoping that Chan would hear him, "You promised you'd listen."

He lied to you. You don't need him.

But Minho still chose to run after him.

"I really do."

Chan carried on walking away. Half of him wanted to turn back, but he fought against it. He needs to learn his lesson, he thought to himself. But he thought back to the other boy's expressions, the way he talked to him, the way he cried, and started to regret walking away from Minho. Maybe he's learnt his lesson, he thought, Maybe he really is sorry.

"I'm sorry," he heard a voice behind him say, "I mean it. I shouldn't have done what I did."
Chan turned to face him. "Why the sudden change of heart?" He asked, "Last time I checked you were more than happy to play around with me. You felt nothing."
"But I know what I was doing wrong," Minho said, "And I want to fix it."
Chan had to suppress the overwhelming urge to comfort the younger boy, questioning whether Minho was telling him the truth or not.
"Prove it," he said coldly.
The lack of emotion in Chan's voice sent a shiver down Minho's spine. Maybe Chan really meant what he said.

Give up. He doesn't care anymore.

The voice wanted to control him again, so much that he struggled to breathe. It hurt; he felt like he was drowning. But he wasn't about to give in to it.

"Do you trust me?" Minho choked out, tears still stinging in his eyes. The pressure of the voice was becoming too much. He was gasping for air, although trying to hide it. "Do you promise you'll believe me?" Minho was becoming weaker by the second, wanting to leave, to calm down. But Chan needed to know about the voices. It was the only way he could convince him he changed.

Minho turned pale, and the cold expression on Chan's face softened. The lack of oxygen was starting to get to Minho. He collapsed, the world around him turning black as fell.

Stop it. You're hurting him.

I won't let him breathe until he listens to me.

You don't control him anymore.

Neither do you.

He should be able to control himself, but you have to get in the way.

I can't let him near Chan.

Minho snapped back into consciousness.

You can, and you will. You can't hold me down anymore.

He opened his eyes to see that Chan was over him, a look of worry evident on his face. Upon seeing that Minho had woken, his expression changed to a subtle smile.

"Thank God you're okay," Chan breathed, "I saw what was happening. I should've helped you. I should've-"
"Don't worry," Minho smiled at him, getting back on his feet in the process, "I'm okay now."
Chan breathed a sigh of relief, and Minho giggled.
"You worry too much."
"So what if I do?"
"You don't need to."
"I know but... I just do," Chan said, "What exactly were you trying to tell me earlier?"
Minho froze, expecting the voice to stop him again, but nothing happened.
"I understand if you don't want to tell me anymore, I was just wondering."
"No, it's fine," Minho told him, "Just, promise you'll listen."
"Tell me," Chan replied, "I'll listen. I promise."

---

A/N: The angst is coming to an end now guys you can breathe now