Chapter 7 - Insanity

After school the next day, Minho stepped into the coffee shop and was surprised to see another boy sat with Chan. He moved on that fast? Minho thought to himself, No... surely he's just a friend. He ordered his usual coffee from Seungmin, who subtly indicated to Chan and the other boy. "Talk to him," he said, "That's what he's here for."
Minho nodded. "But who's he?"
"I don't know," Seungmin replied, "But he seems to be the flirty type, so I doubt they're together."
Minho, although still skeptical, breathed a sigh of relief. Honestly, sometimes, it was like Seungmin could read his mind.

Chan watched as Minho walked in. He was unsure of whether the younger boy would approach him if Hyunjin was there. But Hyunjin had insisted he came with him for "moral support", although Chan was well aware that just meant flirting with the barista. He agreed anyway. It's not like he had a choice. Hyunjin was petty at the best of times, and so denying him something he asked- or rather, demanded- for often ended in either full blown shouting matches or weeks-long silent treatment. Both of which were things Chan desperately wanted to avoid.

Although, it seemed Minho was just as petty, as when he came with his coffee he just simply sat accross the table from Chan in silence, glaring at Hyunjin in the process. It was as if he was trying to say "I'm not talking until he leaves," which Chan immediately took notice of. He coughed to gain Minho's attention, but the younger boy continued to glare at Hyunjin, occasionally looking down at the table so the other didn't notice his stare. Chan caught on to the situation pretty quickly, and tapped Hyunjin's shoulder, quietly telling him to leave him and Minho alone for a moment. Hyunjin winked at Chan (which Minho wasn't too impressed about) and left, making his way towards the counter. Minho let out a soft giggle as he watched Seungmin roll his eyes at the sight of the boy approaching him. It was such a beautiful sound. Minho's laugh was intoxicating, and Chan found himself grinning like an idiot seeing Minho smiling while watching Hyunjin and Seungmin's rather hilarious interaction. God, he's perfect, Chan thought.

Minho must have caught Chan staring, a subtle blush rising in his cheeks as he turned to look Chan in the eye, flashing him the very smile that Chan fell for. Chan smiled back, the dimples that Minho loved appearing on his cheeks.
"So," Minho said, "Did I fix everything? Are we... are we friends again?"
He hesitated, but he was sure there was no use asking to be anything more to Chan after what he did.
"Friends," Chan nodded.
That hurt Minho. He wanted more, so much more. But friendship had to be enough for now. Chan had to learn to trust him again, and Minho knew well that would take time.

---

Friends.

That was the very word that kept Chan awake at night. He had hoped that Minho had grown feelings for him, but as that word suggested, that didn't seem to be the case. Why was he determined to fix everything all of a sudden? Why was he so desperate to repair his relationship with Chan if he still felt nothing? All these questions, and not an answer to any of them. He kept asking himself over and over again, every question starting the same way. Why?

Minho, tell me the truth.

Tell me how you really feel.

Before I go insane.

---

A/N: How do people write really long chapters? I can't do it